Chapter 14

Audra's P.O.V.

We all made it home perfectly fine, but some of us were freaking out a lot. 

"What the hell was that thing!?" Grayson said while pacing back and forth in the living room. I had gone upstairs real quick to grab one of my oversized sweatshirts along with the crystal necklace that was laying next to my bed. 

I always forget to put the necklace on and for some reason I just reached for it and put it on. I'm not sure why, but I felt better having it around my neck, especially with what just happened. I came back downstairs to Anthony not saying a word while Grayson looked like he was ready to have a freaking heart attack. 

"It was the size of a damn horse and looked like a rabid dog!" he exclaimed. I knew that Grayson would eventually calm down, it's rare that he has his yelling moments, but this might take a while. 

I walk over to him and give him a side hug while he squeezes the life out of me and buries his head in my shoulder. I could feel him start to shake and I quickly squeeze him back, letting him know that I'm here and I'm perfectly ok. 

"We can ask dad to close the café early due to that thing and all the animal attacks going on," I suggested, knowing that dad would much rather everyone be safer at night. People have honestly been getting home earlier since the animal attacks have been popping up quit frequently. 

"No one has been coming that late anyway with all the recent animal attacks going on," Anthony finally said. Ever since we ran in the house my heart hasn't been able to calm down, and I don't think it will until I fall asleep, and that will only be if I don't have any nightmares. 

"What is going on down there?" someone yawned. I looked towards the stairs and noticed that dad was standing on them and also in his pajama's already. I immediately ran to him and gave him a really big hug. 

"What happened?" dad said while hugging his arms around me as my body shook from fear. 

"We were almost attacked by some giant wolf that was the size of a horse," Anthony said. Dad was currently rubbing my back, trying to calm me down. 

"Alright, I'm going to call into the police and hopefully now the town will set a time for everything to be closed and everyone to be inside before it gets too dark," dad explained. I felt a little better, but I also felt like the movie red riding hood that Grayson had shown me where the town always had a curfew due to the wolf that was always lurking in the town, and in the end, the wolf turned out to be the father of red riding hood. 

"That was probably the animal attacks that were happening around town too," Anthony mumbled while making sure that all the windows and doors were locked. 

I looked at Anthony with a little fear in my eyes. It didn't matter if everything was locked, those massive beasts could still get in just by slamming their bodies through the glass. 

"Come on, lets all head upstairs," Grayson suggested while pulling me upstairs while dad got on the phone. We all headed into Grayson's room since dads room was right next to his and my room was a little down the hall, the furthest away from everyone. 

"You look tired Audra, you should sleep," Anthony suggested while rubbing my back. I yawned and slowly mumbled yes while I leaned onto Anthony. After that rush of energy I became really tired now that my body has finally calmed down after the events that happened. 

"We will all stay in here tonight ok?" Grayson said to me while I started to close my eyes. I nodded yes while my eyelids started to feel heavier and heavier. 

***

All I saw was blackness in front of me. It felt as if I couldn't open my eyes either to see where I was.