Chapter 13

Audra's P.O.V. 

It's been about two weeks and once in a while Ryan and I go to get some food. It's enough to catch my dad and Grayson's attention. Anthony had already cornered me and questioned if I like the guy or not when I tell them that he is getting over someone that he lost. 

When I'm around him I can tell he is still upset from losing her because if he even smiles, it doesn't reach his eyes. He doesn't show many emotions in his eyes and sometimes he can look really scary with his poker face on. 

It was actually really busy today and I knew that I was going to be staying later than normal. I didn't have Ryan's phone number, but then again we never asked each other or even exchanged each others numbers. 

"Table five needs this," Grayson said while handing me two trays full of drinks and food. I quickly balanced both of them in my hands while trying not to think of how fast the sun was going down. One of the younger kids had called out again and dad was already at home. Dad's been working a lot and Grayson looks like he is ready to pass out too. 

Anthony had to take a week off because his family was bugging him and sadly would not be back until tomorrow. I was off tomorrow, but I first had to survive today. 

"Table three needs napkins," I called while walking towards the back. A little kid had spilled their juice and one of the other waiters didn't put napkins on that one table. It always has to be that one table where there are no napkins when you need them. 

"On it," Anthony said while walking by me with a new container of napkins in his hand. Someone must have filled it and left it in the back by accident. 

Unknown P.O.V. 

"My gosh does that place look like a mad house," I commented while taking a look inside the café. All the workers were running around left and right, and I had noticed something that we needed to make sure didn't happen. 

"Anything nearby?" I questioned to Althea. Althea was the witch that somehow became my friend. It was weird for hunters to become friends with a mythical creature, but it seemed that the world was changing around us. 

"No, the only thing I can detect is that wolf that's been hanging around her," she answered. We both have been keeping an eye on Audra to make sure nothing else happens to her. Every time she cut herself, some type of mythical creature would attack an innocent human being. The one time we were going to step in and someone else did that for us. 

"Well, she hasn't cut herself so that's also a good thing," Althea commented. We were currently hiding in the trees again behind the café but far away enough where no one would be able to see us. 

"You have gotten better at climbing trees since we first met a year ago," I commented while realizing why I had left my home to begin with. There was a lot of pain and I had to go see it for myself before I would believe a word coming out of anyone else's mouth. 

"Thanks, you've grown colder," Althea comment back. I sent her a glare and she threw her hands up while saying a what. 

Althea was pretty with her dark purple hair and grass green eyes, but I honestly missed my best friend growing up, and I wish that she didn't have to be strong and leave everyone behind. 

"So, have we found anything else on Audra?" I questioned, starting to get a little bored while sitting up in this tree. The sun was starting to set and the café seemed to be slowing down a little bit, but not a whole lot. 

"Other than the fact that her blood seems to be special and she attracts trouble, not really," Althea said in a bored tone. I pulled out one of my daggers and started playing with it in my hand. I threw it in the air, threw it into random trees, and even balanced it on my nose because I had gotten so bored from sitting around doing nothing.