Chapter 7

On a warmer than usual February day, John and I shot hoops in the Collins' driveway, something we did when we were super bored. What I really wanted to do was make out with Danny and let him to do to me what I did to him in the car. Not to mention that Caitlyn sat on the front stoop watching us. Rather, she watched me.

Before long, a pile of clothes fell out the second story window. Distracted, John missed a dribble and let the basketball bounce down the driveway.

"I'm going to kill him," John said and ran into the house. Curiously, and hoping to possibly see Danny, I followed him back into the house, laughing to myself. I liked Danny's mischief.

I stayed downstairs in the living room, Caitlyn dreamily staring at me.

"You better go pick them up!" I heard John shout at Danny.

"Where's my pillows?" Danny shouted back to him.

"I didn't take your fucking pillows," John said, which I found hard to believe.

"Liar! I want them back or I'm going to piss in your bed!"

Uh-oh, I thought to myself, thinking maybe I better leave. Some days I was just glad to be an only child.

John stormed back down the stairs, his jaw clenched. He left the house to collect his clothes. As he went outside, I ran up the stairs as quickly as I could and into Danny's room.

I just wanted to kiss him, but Danny was too pissed off.

"He took my pillows again," Danny said as irate as John. "I hate it when he does that and he knows it."

"Why'd he take your pillows?" I asked.

"Because he's nosy and wants to know where I've been going. It's none of his business, right? It's..."

Placing a hand on his waist, I kissed his mouth in mid-sentence.

"Come over later," I said, not realizing Caitlyn was behind me, standing in the doorway.

"What are you doing in there?" Caitlyn asked. "Is Danny annoying you, too?"

"Shit," I muttered to Danny. "She won't stop stalking me. What's wrong with her?" Danny backed away from me, not responding. "He's not annoying me," I said to Caitlyn, heading out of his room. "I'm just trying to help him find his pillows."

"Why?" Caitlyn asked.

"Because I'd be annoyed if someone stole my pillows," I said.

"I know where they are," she said.

Glancing over my shoulder, I watched Danny close his bedroom door while I naively followed Caitlyn into her room. She sneakily closed her door, cornering me, stepping in front of the door so I couldn't leave.

When did she become so crazy?

"Just give them back," I said, her eyes uncomfortably undressing me. The only eyes I wanted to do that were Danny's. I had never been more uncomfortable.

"Caitlyn, let me out," I said as she stood against the door.

"Why don't you like me?" she asked. "I thought you did. I thought...."

"Uh...Caitlyn...I don't like you the way you want me to. I'm sorry. It's just that...well...I sort of like someone else."

"Who?" she asked.

"Let me out," I said. "This is ridiculous."

"Who is it?" she prodded.

"Let me out, Caitlyn," I said more forcefully.