The threat

~-~ f/s ~-~ favorite snack ~-~

3rd person P.O.V

The next morning was silent, unknowing to the masters, the five left for the entrance of the Valley the night before. Shifu's ear twitches, then he shuffles in his sleep. Another small noise sounds through the palace grounds, but definitely audible to him. Shifu's eyes scrunch up in his sleep, another noise, and his eyes slowly open, only to squint into the sunlight.

~Shifu's P.O.V~

I let out a groan, as I try to sit up, then stop feeling a pressure on my chest. I open my eyes, shielding my eyes from the light I see Y/n, and everything from last night came back to me, I smile. I hug her softly, and she cuddles closer making a small noise.

"So cute.." I say, kissing her cheek. I unwrap her arms from my torso, and quietly sneak out of the room, leaving Y/n  to sleep.

I'm making my way to the kitchen, as I hear noise, someone yelling, I head to the training grounds. I open the doors, to nothing, no one training, then the noise again. I turn my head to the source of the noise. The kitchens. I get there as the panda throws his fist through a cupboard. He pulls out a cracker, and stuffs it into his mouth, he chews until he sees me. I look around to see cabinet doors off their hinges, and baskets empty.

"What? I eat when I'm upset okay..?!"

"Oh, no need to explain, I just thought you'd be in Monkey's almond cookies, he hides them on the top shelf." I say realization hitting me, I slowly walk out the room, to hide behind the broken door. I hear movement, and re-enter the room. In the few seconds I wasn't there, the panda had managed to climb up the shelves, and do a perfect split.

"Don't tell Monkey.."

"Look at you.."

"Yeah, I know, I disgust you.."

"No, no. I mean how did you get up there?"

"I don't know, I was just. I don't know I was just getting a cookie." He says putting another almond cookie in his mouth.

"And yet you are ten feet off the ground, and have done a perfect split."

"no. This, this is justa....Accident.." The panda says, falling to the ground. A cookie rolls to my feet, and I pick it up.

"There are no accidents. Come with me."

-Skipping the walk-

When we reach the training grounds Oogway taught me, I go to a rock by the pools. The panda flops down, and gathers water in his hands.

"You dragged me all the way up here.. for a bath.."

"Panda. We do not wash our pits in the sacred pool of tears.."

"the pool of-" The panda shakes his hand.

"This is where Oogway unraveled the mysteries, of harmony and focus, this is the birthplace of kung-fu."

~~Y/n's P.O.V~~

I wake up to Shifu gone, the spot he laid cold. I sighed and got up, stretching, and smoothing out my ruffle feathers. Standing up, I make my way to the door, and slip into the hallway. I look over most of the palace for the panda, Shifu, one of  the five, anyone, as make it the training grounds, as something falls to the ground just inside the outer walls. I speed myself a little quicker, and turn to see the five, Shifu, and the panda. From what I could see the panda and Shifu were  fine, Crane was tired, and the rest, petrified.

"-no they're asleep..? No, their eyes are open." The panda says going from one to the next, I rush to Shifu's side to listen to Crane.

"We were no match, for his nerve attack.." Crane says, as Shifu and I set to un-petrify the other four.