Year 2// Gryffindor vs Slytherin

(1889 words)

Saturday arrived. It was seven in the morning, and the whole Hufflepuff common room was awake and chatting up a storm about the Gryffindor vs Slytherin match that was later on at eleven. You were still in your pyjamas along with all your friends; breakfast wasn't until nine.

Along with Susan and Justin, you sat on the floor by the sofa where Ernie and Hannah were sitting. They were really eager for Slytherin to lose, as were you. But something in you wanted Slytherin to win. Maybe it was what Draco told you yesterday; the fact that he implied he wanted to play a match against you. Secretly, you wanted to play against Slytherin, just to rub it in Draco's face once you won.

"All of Slytherin has Nimbus 2001's though! It'll be a lot harder for Gryffindor to win." Susan explained.

"Yeah, but Gryffindor's a better team. It's the people on the brooms that matter, not the brooms themselves." Justin pointed out.

"That's pretty poetic Justin," you sniggered. Justin smiled back at you. This was the first time you'd laughed since your mood had dropped yesterday, so he was glad you were feeling better.

At around eight-thirty, your Quidditch captain called you over into a huddle along with the rest of the team.

"Morning everyone!" Anthony said cheerfully. "So today make sure to keep your eyes peeled and watch how both teams play! This is a great opportunity to learn about them. Plus, if we win against Ravenclaw next week, we'll be up against whoever wins today, so it's worth understanding the other teams' tactics." He explained.

"It'd be great if we could be up against Gryffindor," Cedric said enthusiastically.

"Or Slytherin," you piped up, catching the others' attention. "I mean, then we could really make them shut up."

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind that." Oliver, your fellow Chaser, grinned at you.

"It would be great to play against either of the teams, both teams are pretty good —" Anthony started.

"Gryffindor's better," You coughed, earning laughs from the rest of your team.

"Alright, settle down guys. (Y/N), pay attention." Anthony scolded light-heartedly. "As I was saying, both teams are good, so keep an eye on both of them today."

After that briefing, you quickly got changed into some casual clothes and headed to the Great Hall for breakfast.

You saw Harry looking nervous, and though you hadn't spoken to him in a while, you decided to go and say hi. You wouldn't ask about the potion that he, Ron and Hermione were working on, though.

"Hiya Harry!" you said with a wide smile, taking a seat next to him and snapping him out from his thoughts.

"Oh, hey (Y/N)! How are you?" he greeted you politely.

"I'm alright. Just wanted to say good luck and not to worry too much. Everyone on Hufflepuff'll be cheering for you." you smiled.

After talking to Harry for a bit, you went to your table and sat down next to Hannah, grabbing some cereal and fruit for breakfast. You were excited for the match, although you were still a little wary about Draco and whatever plans he was cooking up.

*

You made your way to the Hufflepuff stands, half an hour before the match was due to start. The third and fourth-years Oliver and Cedric called you over to stand with them and the rest of the Hufflepuff team. You hung out with them every now and then during lunch and dinner, and sometimes free periods if they had a common one — Anthony always said it was good for the team to hang out with each other out of practice since it made you work together better. You quickly told your friends and stood beside Oliver.