Year 2// Missing

(1824 words)

Training the last few weeks was pretty intense. Anthony had you training for two hours every morning before first period, and all afternoon on weekends. He clearly didn't want to lose, and neither did you.

But something was bothering you. Your friends: Ernie, Hannah and Susan. They wouldn't look your way in lessons or even say 'hello' in the mornings. What's weird is you'd almost made friends with Blaise Zabini from Slytherin in Charms last week because no one wanted to be with you when you had to pair up.

"You have to eat, (Y/n)." Cedric nudged you at the dinner table, snapping you out of your thoughts. The Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff match was tomorrow morning, and you didn't have much of an appetite worked up today.

"He's right. If you don't eat how do you expect to score loads like you did in the Ravenclaw match?" Anthony said.

"Anthony, I'm just not hungry, okay?" You said.

"But you need to have something —" Oliver started.

"I just said I'm not hungry! Can you guys just leave it?" You said angrily, standing up and walking out of the Great Hall.

Everyone on the team looked at you and then each other, realising something was affecting your mood.

You walked into the common room to see Hannah, Ernie and Susan sitting by the fire talking about you. Their heads snapped round to see you, shock on their faces. You glared at them, Hannah in particular.

"(Y/n), we —" she tried.

"Just shut up. I've had enough of your nonsense. All of yours." You grumbled, about to go up to your dorm.

"This is your fault, (Y/n)." Susan said. You turned to look at her.

"Care explaining how?" You asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You were there when Justin got petrified!" Susan said, racking her mind for any other valid information against you.

"Yeah, and you're even friends with Harry Potter..." Hannah added quietly.

"And that's enough evidence to accuse me of attacking my friend?" You looked at them in disbelief.

Ernie spoke up. "Not only that — I've seen your necklace. The snake one. You always wear it these days. Is it something you use to call the monster?"

"What? No!" You said in shock. "It wards off evil! It's a protective necklace!"

Ernie scoffed. "Where'd you get it from then?"

You stared at him for a moment. You hadn't told anyone except Harry that Draco gave it to you, and you weren't sure if you wanted to tell them like this. They'd doubt you even more.

"I...I —" you tried thinking of an excuse but you had nothing.

"Exactly. You can't tell us because you and Potter are the culprits." Ernie accused.

"Ernie, will you just listen to me? I'm not the culprit! How on Earth am I supposed to prove it to you? By getting petrified?" You asked, tears forming in your eyes.