7

T.W.: attempted suicide, self harm

(Oooh boy, you are not ready for this chapter)

Princy - hello love, would you like to out on a date later tonight?

EdgeLord - lol whats the occasion

Princy - our one month anniversary ❤

EdgeLord - ooh an emoji lol

EdgeLord - tonight sounds great

Princy - perfect, pick you up around 9?

EdgeLord - no ill walk over to you

Princy - why?

EdgeLord - cause im a strong independent man who dont need no one to pick him up

Princy - lol ok

EdgeLord - lol ill see you at 9

Princy - ok, mi amor

EdgeLord - dork

Princy - only yours

EdgeLord - ily

Princy - I love you too, see you in a few

Roman turned off his phone and rolled onto his back. After marching band ended, they told everyone they were together. Logan said he knew all along, and Patton was happy Virge came out of his shell and made the first move.

Roman glanced at the time. 6:30. Only two and a half hours until Virge arrives. Roman smiled. He was going to take Virge stargazing. A little thing about Virgil is that he loves the stars. Not like in an astrological way. No, that's Logan. Virge likes the stars the way people like flowers and sunsets. He likes to admire their beauty and light.

Roman rolled out of bed and double checked everything. Blankets? Check. Jackets? Check. Snacks? Check. A bouque of black-foiled chocolate roses? Check.

Meanwhile, Virgil was trying to hide his excitement. If his father ever found out...

Virge didn't want to think of that.

"Virgil!" He yelled.

Virge flinched slightly, but went downstairs. His father was sitting on the couch, sipping a beer and watching the news.

"Make some dinner." He grumbled.

Virgil glanced at the time. 7:30. One and a half hours. He took a deep breath and opened the fridge. Pulling out some chicken, he decided to bake it. By the time it was done, it was 8:15.

Virgil took the plate of chicken to his father, who hadn't moved, then sat down at the table.

"Father?" Virge said.

"What?"

"I-I'm going to study with a f-friend at nine." Virgil stammered.

His father grunted, "alright."

Virgil let out a small sigh of relief and quickly ate the rest of his dinner. He caught the time out of the corner of his eye. 8:45. Virge quietly slipped out the door, making his way down the street and away from that house.

Virgil knocked on the white door of Patton's house. A few seconds later, Roman opened the door. He was wearing a red and gold leather jacket with white, ripped jeans.

"For you, my dear." Roman said, pulling a bouquet of chocolate roses from behind his back.

"Ro, you shouldn't have." Virge laughed.