18

T.W.: death, kidnapping, drugs & medical stuff

Virgil had been missing a week. An entire week. Roman was sick of it. The police had no leads. There was no trace of his father. Virgil was completely cut off!

Roman paused his pacing and recalled the event that unfolded one long week ago.

"Sure sir-sings-a-lot." Virgil snarked.

"Ha, I like that name and I'm gonna use it now." Roman smirked smugly.

Patton giggled, "I think the best dogs are ones you can cuddle with!"

"I think the best dog is a border collie." Logan said, "they are the smartest dogs after all."

"Yes, but golden retrievers." Roman replied.

"Ger-HMF-!"

The three boys whirled around to see a man dragging Virgil back into an alleyway. He was holding a cloth to Virgil's mouth.

"Hey!" Roman shouted, throwing his bag on the ground and charging the man.

The man smiled and threw the now unconscious Virgil to the side. He kicked Roman down before he boy could reach him.

"I get to beat the shit out of a tranny and take my son." The man laughed, "today must be my lucky day."

Roman growled and lunged up, only to be kicked down again. The man stomped on Roman a couple times, before kicking him over to where Patton and Logan stood, frozen in fear. He picked up Virgil and slung him over his shoulder.

"Don't follow." He warned before walking off.

"You bastard! You get back here!" Roman tried to get up, only to fall back to the ground in pain.

"Roman!" Patton rushed over to the boy.

"W-we have to get Virge." Roman winced.

"We have to get you home and call the police." Logan said, helping Patton pick Roman up.

"Virge..."

Roman grimaced. He was right there! They could have gone after him!

There was a knock at his door

"Ro?" Remy said, "Patt and I were gonna go to the mall, wanna come?"

"Why?" Roman asked.

"I need your help with stuff."

Roman sighed. It was probably better than sitting around in his room all day.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a minute." He said.

Roman sighed again, picking up a random white and red jacket from the floor. He trudged downstairs,  each step feeling a million times heavier than normal.

"Hey kiddo," Percy said, "how you holding up?"

Roman shrugged.

Percy sighed, "alright... Rem and Patt are in the car already."

Roman nodded, "okay, thanks."

The boy walked out, keeping his eyes on the ground until he reached the car. He silently opened the door and climbed in.

The ride to the mall was mostly quiet, aside from Patton trying to start up a conversation.

"So, Roman, you haven't been out of your room lately, what's up?" Patton asked.