viii. alone

The hot sun burned against Harry's cheek like an open fire. His hand flew to his face, rubbing the pain away before sitting up in the queen-sized bed. Dull eyes full of sleep and exhaustion wandered throughout the small room. The walls full of various picture of Ania and her friends and family. Spaces on the wall were also taken up my posters or little pictures cut from magazine articles.

A slight chuckled emerged from him, his eyes spotting a small picture of himself along with the rest of boys. It seemed to be a couple years old, all wrinkled and faded. Plus it was out of date, like around 2012.

"And Ania says she didn't like us back then. Well, now I've got another way to blackmail her if needed."

Harry had trouble sleeping last night, his mind seemed to not want to cooperate with him at all. With the bed being one of the biggest items in the room it took up quite a lot of space. With a grunt, Harry swung his lanky legs over the edge of the bed, wriggling his toes in the soft gray rug. From on the nightstand, his phone vibrated.

Text from 'ania aka aphrodite'.

She had chosen the name out herself.

'ania aka aphrodite: i'll be home around noon or so, idk. just don't burn down my apartment styles.' Sent at 8:00 A.M

Harry stood up, running a hand through his bed-head to even it out. Another mini earthquake happened in his hand.

'ania aka aphrodite: if you wanna go anywhere your little blue car is outside. I got some tow guys to bring it over.' Sent at 8:03 A.M.

Another vibrate.

'ania aka aphrodite: keys on the table downstairs btw' Sent at 8:04 A.M.

Harry paced around the room before walking to the closet and rumbling around in his side of it. Then he did the same thing with the dressers.

"Guess I'm on my own today then."

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

Keys jingled lightly as Harry walked back to his car. He just got out of a nearby store and was damn near ready to pass out. The sun only seemed to be getting hotter and wearing a hot made it worst. When LA got hot it wasn't a joke. He pulled his phone from his back pocket, dialing up a contact.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Harry."

A groan came from the other end.

"I know, Harry. I've got you down as a contact."

"Don't be a smartass, Gem. I really need you at the moment."

Harry then began spewing almost everything he could on the subject as drove. He probably sounded completely whipped, droning on about how his heart seemed to burst like a firecracker. Gemma snorted and said that sounded like some sort of heart disease and to get it checked out.

"But seriously Harry, you should be telling her that. Not me. Now go on and fess up to Ania. Tell her I said hi, by the way."

"Fine, fine. Thanks, G-"

"And Harry? Please remember to check the time zone before you call. You called during something important."

Harry chuckled lightly, steering the car to the right. "Right right. See ya."

"See ya."

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

The sound of shuffling in the room woke Ania up, head pounding from a migraine she was having. She had fallen asleep in the sitting room with the tv volume on mute and the room slightly dark.

"Shit!"

Her head whipped to the direction of the voice. It startled her, and honestly, she was turning into a weenie at the moment. Ania balled her hands up and slowly walked around to the light switch.

"He-"

Smack!

"Ania, what'd you..why the hell did you hit me?!"

The light flicked on, revealing a wincing Harry who was holding his arm. "Oh my God, I didn't know it was you! Why the hell was your voice do deep? It scared me!"

"Because I happen to have a pair of testicles, maybe."

Ania rolled her mocha eyes before walking away. "Don't make me Ike Turner you again, Harold." Harry huffed and slumped into the couch. His body seemed to stop being so tense as he rested into the soft cushion.

"You know," Ania began, "with that hat and your hair long you look like lord Farquaad."

"I had something important to tell you, but since today seems to be Roast Harry day, I'll tell you tomorrow."

"I see you're using the slang I thought you." Ania perked up at his other comment. She absolutely loved important secrets. Maybe because she was just a nosy person.

"Ooh, tell me now!"

"Nope."

"Harry," she dragged out the 'y'.

"Ania," he mocked, dragging out the 'a'.

Ania pouted and crossed her arms. "You suck, pal." She huffed and walked out of the room and into the kitchen.

"You're cute when you're mad!"

"Whatever!"

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

update yay