xv. surprise!

"Living la dolce vita, I'm in love." Froot - Marina & The Diamonds. 

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

"You're awful."

"I love you."

Harry grinned as he leaned over and quickly kissed Ania's cheek. He took a moment to get himself adjusted and clicked his seat buckle into the seat belt. Green eyes quickly looked over at her before facing forward. He couldn't stop smiling as he started up the car, pulling out from the lot and guiding them into the road.

Ania groaned and slumped in the seat, crossing her arms over her chest in a playful manner. She looked over at Harry, who still had that same smug grin on his face he'd had about thirty minutes ago when he finally won her over. Harry had planned a random surprise trip for them and it was killing her that he wouldn't tell her here they were going. She sighed and leaned over to the radio and plugged her phone into it.

Harry side glanced her before looking into the door mirror so he could switch lanes. "Play that one song you made me listen to about a week ago."

She nodded, understanding which one it was because afterward, Harry bombarded her with questions about who wrote it and if she could download the whole album for him. It took her a moment to scroll through almost three hundred songs before pressing Take Me To Church by Hozier. They rode in silence as the song played, taking the space of their conversation.

Harry reached over and grabbed her hand, intertwining third fingers as Ania leaned back, closing her eyes as she hoped to catch some sleep.

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

After an hour Ania was actually happy about this little surprise adventure Harry had forced upon her. She was currently stuffing her face with blue cotton candy as she watched Harry fail multiple times at hitting a bottle with a baseball. He was determined to win her a bear because as he said, "You'll need something to remind you of me when I'm not around, so a bear should do the trick."

The man who assisted them in the game blankly stared at Harry's weak attempts and sighed, leaning and resting one hand in his palm.

"Sir, this is your sixth time playing and I'm sure others want a go at it too."

"Just give me a minute, yeah? It's hard throwing balls when you're under pressure."

Ania scoffed and ripped another soft piece of cotton from the stick, "It ain't hard honey, you just suck."

Harry turned to her and frowned before directing his attention back to the man. He pulled out a folded five dollar bill and smacked it onto the booth counter, waiting for the man to give him more baseballs. He picked up one, tossing it up before cocking his arm back and throwing it hard. And yet again, another miss. He groaned and slumped down against the wooden booth.

Ania sighed and finished off her treat, throwing the stick in a nearby garbage can. She leaned over Harry's depressed body and grabbed one of the balls, cocking her arm back and forcefully throwing it towards the empty milk bottles. Doing a short eye roll at her miss, she picked up another one and repeated her actions. Another miss. Harry, on the other hand, stood back and chuckled at her failure.

"And you said it wasn't hard."

"I've only missed twice unlike you, mister I've Missed Thirty-Shot In A Row."

"Babe, you're so mean to me." His smile turned into a frown as he pushed past Ania and grabbed one of the balls. He turned around holding it up to her face. "Kiss it for good luck?"

"No way in hell am I kissing your balls."

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

The sky finally turned dark, the whole area being lit up by the fair rides and extra lights. The Ferris wheel being the biggest lit up thing there was to see. And Ania, being the most hyper-active person in the world at the moment, was rushing Harry to hurry up so they could get on it at least once before the line got too long.

Harry had actually got the bear he wanted for Ania, after giving up two tries later and bribing the guy to let him buy it while Ania went to find more snacks. He turned and looked back at her, watching as she looked around at all the games to choose from. There were times when people would give them glances and muttered rude remarks as they squeezed through which only led to Harry giving them harsh looks when Ania wasn't looking. She always told him to not fight fire with fire, to just ignore the ignorance and stupidity of them.

He just didn't get why people acted so shocked when they saw them together. It wasn't like they were a couple of mutants, so why was it a big deal? Harry frowned slightly at the remembrance of all the hate he'd see sometimes on Twitter or other social media sites. He sighed and dragged his hand over his face before stuffing it back into his pocket.

Harry jerked a bit as Ania's fingers laced with his, her thumb rubbing softly against his hand. She looked up at him with a small smile as she began to pull him across the wide field and to the Ferris wheel. He cheekily smiled back, dimples deepening enough to eat soup from.

For a moment Harry could picture his life with Ania, them getting married and having a child. He could just see them together somewhere joking around with wide smiles. It was like his zeal for her was impeccable, and Harry couldn't ask for someone more perfect than Ania already was.

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

soz it takes me 87 years to update

have a peachy day y'all <3