chapter three: Days go by

it had already been months since I had started going to Duloc high, and It was terrible.
If it wasn't for my infatuation for farquaad, I wouldn't even bother going to that hell hole of a school.

I had gotten to know Donkey's friends. It surprised me that donkey had actually managed to make friends other Than me.

There was Gingy, what a snacc.
Fiona, a lovely girl. I would have liked to know more about her but ever since Donkey told me she had a crush on me, I had decided to keep my distance.

My heart was only beating for Farquaad.

Donkey had more friends but I didn't really care.

....

Donkey was sitting beside me during the chemistry lecture and we both clearly were having a difficult time Grasping whatever the diarrhoea mouth teacher was spitting out.

"Hey shrek, you've been knowing my friends for a while, how about we have a fun night out together? " donkey whispered excitedly.

"I don't know, donkey. "

"of course you do! How about tomorrow night, at your place? "

"no. "

"great! We'll be there at 9." he whispered again, winking at me.
I sighed. Defeated.
It was pointless to argue with donkey. He always got what he wanted.

......
( at Shrek's house)
I paced back and forth in my room. They would be here any second.
Mum had gone to some business trip so thankfully I had one less problem to worry about.
The sound of the door bell snapped me out of my thoughts and I ran downstairs to get the door.
I could hear the commotion outside. geez how many people had donkey really invited?

I slowly opened the door and let them come in.
"hey man, look we brought Orange soda! " donkey said merrily.
And in came Fiona, Gingy And a bunch of familiar faces. I was about to slam the door shut when someone blocked it with their hand.
Surprised, I opened it again
The person I was looking at caught my breath
And I could feel my heart pounding in my chest.
He paused. His lips twitched and curved into a smile.
"w-welcome to my swamp " I stammered out.
He just strod past me into the living room where other guys waited.

Oh god.
I had totally forgotton farquaad was donkey's friend too.
It was gonna be a Hard night.