chapter five : Confusion

Who could possibly? I pounded my fists on the closet and slammed it shut. I was about to yell in exasperation when I heard the room's door slide open.

"shrek..? "

I turned around to face none other than Donkey and my anger somewhat melted away. You see, Donkey had that effect on people, and also on ogres.

I exhaled loudly and slumped down on my bed, donkey doing the same. We laid side by side on the bed. It made me wonder how long it had been since we did this.
Everything about Donkey made me nostalgic.

"shrek? "
"mhm? "
"Farquaad isn't a nice guy"

I sat up and looked at him bitterly.
"oh stop it, donkey. You don't know anything about farquaad. "
Donkey just studied my eyes, as if searching for something. I looked away. I heard the bed sheets rustling and I turned around to see donkey had sat up too and was staring into space with a solemn look in his eyes.

"why did you behave like that downstairs? " I interrogated him

"what? "

"why did give me that disappointed look, Donkey? " I pressed harder.

"stop it ,shrek. You're just seeing things"

"no. I'm only seeing a dishonest Donkey in front of me" I retorted back.

Donkey sighed and looked at me.
My eyes darkened, "tell me, Donkey"  I leaned closer to him and placed both of my hands on either side of him, trapping him against the room's wall.
"tell me why... " I whispered in his ear.
He shuddered under my hold but didn't try to break free.
"because.... " donkey started, glancing up at me once and then fixing his gaze at something else in the room.

"because shrek, I..."

"you what, donkey?? "

"I like you. "