chapter four: a cherishing night

Everyone was in the kitchen and I guessed they were probably searching for food.
I had nothing to do with them. I didn't feel like partying at all.
Just the thought that Farquaad was right here in this very house of mine was enough to make my legs go numb and my mind go blank.
I put on my comfy pajamas and went down to the living room. I turned on the TV and settled comfortably on the sofa When I felt someone sit beside me. I didn't bother myself to look who it was.
"hey Greenie"
Those two words were enough to freeze me and I shakily faced the person sitting beside me.
There he was. He was just so perfect.
His silky black straight hair, his sharp nose,his chiseled jaw, his deep mysterious ocean blue orbs,his-

He cleared his throat probably realizing I was staring at him.
It was my turn to speak.

"Hi, I'm shrek and you're watching Disney channel. "

"haha you're funny" He laughed heartily at my response but I was nothing but confused.

"...uh no. You're literally Watching Disney channel right now.. " I said pointing towards the TV on which wizards of Waverly place was airing and he stopped laughing.

"oh yeah" was all he said.

For the next few moments there weren't Any words exchanged
But I was happy in his presence..and I really wanted us to get closer.

"why do you wear a wig?" he questioned touching my fake hair and as a reflex I immediately swat his hand away. He looked Hurt.

"I'm sorry.. " I quickly apologized and continued. "it's just that... It's just that I wanted to feel more accepted.. I thought if I had hair like others.. Maybe they would stop mocking me and-"
I was cut off mid sentence by farquaad as I saw his small hand hesitantly reach out and slowly snatch my wig away. I looked down, embarrassed.
He scooted closer and lifted up my chin to meet his eyes.
"you look so handsome just the way you are..and your Scottish accent is sexy"
He trailed off never leaving his eyes off me. I looked everywhere but at him but I could feel his stare on my face. I could feel his eyes studying every detail of my ogre face. I just blushed harder.

My heart pounded wildly in my chest. I felt sweat building up possibly in every part of my green body.

What was happening..? Why was I feeling this way?

It couldn't be that I..

But then I stared into his lovely hypnotizing orbs..

And I knew.

I was having a stroke.

I was about to scream and panic when something soft and wet hit my lips
It took all I had in me to not gasp.
His very smell flooded my senses and I couldn't help but kiss back. The way his lips moved against mine with such passion and demand, made me feel I might lose myself.
"Shrek..." he whispered slowly in between the kiss, prolonging each letter carefully.
I smiled. Never had my own name sounded so beautiful to me.
He deepened the kiss and my world fell away. It was a soft, gentle kiss and I knew I yearned for him.
His thumb caressed my cheeks lovingly and I slowly ran my hand down his back, pulling him closer until there wasn't any space left between us.

Oh god I loved him.

We suddenly noticed that everyone had come to the living room to see us making out and were laughing and cheering. Farquaad reluctantly pulled away. I was saddened because I wanted to kiss him longer but I figured It would be inappropriate to do so.
Fiona and Gingy made Kissy faces and mimicked us kissing Each other. Everyone snorted.
"shut up everyone!" Donkey yelled, clearly not happy with whatever he had just witnessed.
He gave me a look that only conveyed disappointment and maybe... Hurt? And he stormed out of the room.
Everyone just shrugged and continued the party, leaving me and farquaad alone again.

He smiled at me sheepishly and asked if I'd like to have some orange soda. Obviously I said yes.
With that he went away but I was more concerned about Donkey. Why out of all the reactions he could have given, he gave me that one?
I stood up went up to my room. I would binge eat raw onions whenever I felt stressed. I opened my closet to take some out but my hands met with nothing but clothes. I searched frantically for my onions and it Panicked me because I couldn't find any.

Was it that I ate all of them earlier? No that couldn't be because I had restocked Them Just yesterday.

I stopped when realization dawned upon me and I drew in a ragged breath. I clenched my teeth and could feel the anger coursing through my ogre body.

Someone.

Someone had stolen my onions.