Chapter Thirty Nine

"Wear a dress," he said, shooing me back into my room with a simple wave of his hand. I raised a brow at him, my hands resting on my hips. 

"Excuse me?" I demanded. "Now you're dictating what I should wear?"

"You wore a dress to a blind date, Elizabeth," he shot, looking at me sternly. "You look fine as hell in dresses."

My jaw clenched, my cheeks flushing. "Where are we even going?" 

He only told me we were going out to eat, on a date. Probably our first real date. Since he practically lived here, we spent a lot of time together here, or he'd follow me to the store. I was nervous, to say the least, although I had grown much more comfortable around him, I was still nervous about this date. 

Just be yourself. I breathed deeply, calming my nerves for a moment.

"Romero's," he said simply and I chuckled.

"Again?"

"When we went the first time we weren't dating yet," he told me.

"You're predictable."

"Oh?" he asked, stalking towards me. My hands fell from my hips, his replacing the spot they were in, bringing me dangerously close to him. "Should I change that?"

"Yeah, no," I said quickly, planting my hands on his chest, trying to pull away from him. "Come on, I gotta go get dressed."

"Can I come too?"

"No."

He planted several quick kisses on my lips before finally letting me go. I moved down the hall back to my room, shutting and locking the door behind me. Moving to my closet, I examined the immense amount of dresses I recently acquired. Many of them I had already worn, which was still unbelievable to me that I would even think to wear dresses on the daily. I was trying to find one I hadn't worn yet, one of the ones Erica picked out that I wouldn't dare to wear.

I found a long dress that was form fitting with sleeves that went to my elbows and a v-neck that delved deep into my cleavage. A long slit when up the side of my leg and it was in a deep beige color. I curled my hair lightly and put on a red lipstick, pairing the dress with black chunky heels. If he had a problem with this dress then we weren't going anywhere. I put on my light grey coat and grabbed my clutch, exiting my room with butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

I stepped into the kitchen, his back facing me. "I hope during that entire time you put on a dre--" the words got caught as he turned around to face me, his eyes widening for a short moment, his gaze running up and down the length of my body. 

"Maybe I should go change," I teased. "I don't want you drooling the entire night."

He smirked, closing the space between us with a few long strides. "God, you're beautiful."

My cheeks still heated. Even though he told me every day, it still effected me as if it was the first time he was saying it. I could see in his eyes that he was telling nothing but the truth and I loved the new found feeling of ease I had around him.

"Shall we?"

. . .

"Has anything gotten better with you and your father?" I asked as we waited for our food to arrive. His uncle had kept the VIP section of the restaurant cleared for me and Jason, leaving us completely alone in the back, in total and complete privacy until a waitress came in. 

He shrugged. "I haven't been home for a while."

"Isn't that a little risky?"

"I still show up to the company," he said. "That's all he really wanted. I've been avoiding the mansion like the plague."