11장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Mari was done. She was six feet under and couldn't believe her own defeat. A sigh left the singers lips while she tapped her fingernails on the desk of her studio in Blue Soda Entertainment's headquarter. She was completely and upper-whipped for Mark Lee.

The day he told her (again) that he had feelings for her, repeated itself over and over, in her head. Every free second, she thought of the look on his face and how he had told her that he still liked her. How could he be so good looking, handsome and irresistible?

Mari sighed and hit her face on the desk. She liked him, there was no way around that. She had to admit that after all these years she still had a major crush on cute, innocent Mark Lee that loved nothing more than Mrs Smiths Taffy Tarts. 

Mari looked over to her phone, that was resting far away on the other end of the long desk. She wasn't sure if she should go and grab it or leave it be and text Mark about her feelings tomorrow. She was unsure and afraid he would turn her down.

A sudden knock kicked Mari out of her thoughts and she looked over to the door, seeing two of Blue Soda's trainees stand in front of the door. "Come in, girls. I don't bite." She called and the door opened. "Mari-sunbae?" One of the girls asked. Mari knew the girl. She was the tall and loud one Go Juyeon hated: Han Subin. "What is it Subin-ah?" Mari asked and Subin bit her lip.

"Are you in need of this studio right now?" She asked and Mari cocked an eyebrow. "You know, I'm actually forbidden to be here, because of my punishment... But Yoobin and I came up with a song and we would like to record a Demo to show Go Juyeon..." Subin said and Mari chuckled. "You two are weird kids. But yes, go ahead and use the studio." She said and stood up. "I wasn't even productive." Mari walked over to her phone and grabbed it.

The two trainees followed her Sunbae walk out of the room with her head hanging low. "Mari-sunbae has been like this for quite some time now. Even though <BOY> was such a success." Yoobin said and Subin nodded, turning on the Studio computer.

Mari sighed, while she walked through the hallways of Blue Soda Entertainment. Her mind was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. She held her phone, afraid it would ring — but of course it wouldn't. Changbin was busy with Stray Kids and Chaeyeon was working hard with Twice. Mari should be working as well, but since <BOY> was doing so well in the charts, Juyeon gave her a few days off until she would have to perform at Summer Festivals.

And these days off were a pure terror for the teenager. 

Mari sighed and shoved her phone into the pocket of her denim trousers. "Today is no good." The artist spoke and walked down into the lobby of her company. "I'm leaving." She told the concierge and walked out. Once she sat down in a cab, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

She took it out after telling the driver her address and answered the call, "Ahn Mari here, hello?" She asked. "Hi Mari...", hearing Mark's voice she held her breath for a quick second and gulped. "Wow, you have no idea how often I thought about calling you today..." The girl confessed and heard Mark chuckle. "Can you come to Han river? I want to have a walk with you." Mari could hear his smile in his voice. "I'm on my way..." She said subconsciously and leaned forward, telling the cab driver her new destination.

Once Mari climbed out of the cab, she started looking for Mark, when a peach-pink rose appeared in front of her face. "Whaa!" She called out and jumped back, stumbling into Mark's chest who simply caught the girl. "I knew you would fall for me." He winked and helped her stand up again, before properly handing her the rose.

"What are you so sleazy for?" She asked and giggled slightly, taking the rose. "I thought you liked cheesy men?" - "I never said that." Mari said and smelled on the rose.

The park around Han river was quiet since it was already pretty late. Only a few couples were walking on the paths and quietly talking to each other, so no one was paying attention the Idols.

"I don't care what type of men you like the most. I came to ask if you're able to answer me now. It's been a few weeks since we saw each other in person, Ahn Mari." Mark said and smiled. "I'm sure you're going to accept my feelings this time."

"What makes you so sure of it?" Mari asked and kicked a pebble out of the way. "Your attitude." Mark answered and Mari cocked a brow. "My attitude?" She asked and Mark nodded. "When I acted like a cocky bastard when you gave us your album, I saw you blush." - "Don't feel all mighty only because I blushed." Mari said and rolled her eyes, looking on the path in front of us, when all of a sudden a mouse decided to cross paths with the Idol.

Mari widened her eyes, letting our an ear-piercing shriek and jumped into Marks arm. "Mark, get rid of that Monster, now!" She screamed and held on to Marks shoulders. Mark was frozen, he was holding Mari bridal style and unaware of the mouse that ahd already ran away once it heard Mari's scream.

"I-It's gone..." Mark stuttered and looked into Mari's face, that was suddenly super close to his own. He gulped and tried to let Mari down. The girl blushed and carefully climbed out of Marks embrace. "That... That was..." She bit her lip, unsure of what to say.

She was afraid that Mark would hear her heart.