15장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

The doorbell rang and Mari flinched, dropping the Pringles out of her hand. She sighed and looked at the mess on her laminate floor. "Damn it." She cursed but turned away from the crisps that were on the floor and went to her front door.

She quickly opened the door to her boyfriend that was hiding behind a big coat, a bucket hat and a face mask. "You look like a thief", Mari said and clicked her tongue. Mark laughed behind his mask, "I'm here to steal your heart, Miss!" He said and Mari rolled her eyes. "You already own that, Mark Lee."

She stepped aside so he could enter the flat and take off his masquerade. Mari locked the door and leaned at it, watching him strip out of the coat and hanging it neatly next to hers on the wardrobe. "I made a mess with Pringles just before you came, so let me clean that up quickly." She said and walked past Mark.

The boy quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled the same-aged-girl towards him. "Not before you give me a kiss. I missed you all day!" He pouted and Mari giggled and closed the distance between their bodies. She threw her arms around his neck and bumped her nose against his. He chuckled and looked her directly in the eyes when she softly planted a kiss on his lips.

Mark closed his eyes and deepened the kiss, but Mari tried to pull away after the sweet peck. "I said I have to tidy up!" She grinned and poked Mark's nose. The boy sighed. "I would've loved to make out with you now." - "Sorry, Babe. First of all, the Pringles will stain the floor and second of all I am hella hungry."

Mari walked over to the couch and crouched down to pick up all the crumbled Pringles she dropped earlier, while Mark walked over to the open kitchen. "Should I cook us some Ramyeon?" - "I have a magazine shooting tomorrow, can't look bloated," Mari answered. "But feel free to cook some for you. I still have some leftovers from last night. I just eat those." The girl answered and walked over to the bin to throw away the Pringles.

"What magazine is it?" Mark asked and filled water in the kettle. "It's a college magazine. Basket Case is having a 20 page special and there will be pictures of me because I'm their ambassador." Mari said with a proud smile. Mark smiled. "You really work hard for this company." - "It's important to me. Today was a really tough guy since I had to hand out crisis numbers for the very first time." She looked down. "It's mentally exhausting, but the glint of hope in the teenager's faces makes it all worth it."

"I hope you're aware that you can't save every single kid out there." Mari clicked her tongue. "I know that, Mark. No need to put it in my face." She opened the fridge and took out last nights dinner. "I'm just their source of hope at the moment. They need to know that Idols like us struggle as well. It makes us more approachable and closer to them." Mari continued.

Mark had to admit Mari sounded wonderful when she spoke about Basket Case Foundation and their four founders. She was fond of the company and worked super hard for them and their goals. She was often found wearing their merchandise when she went overseas or on events. 

Mark opened his mouth to say something when Mari started speaking again. "I am working with producers on a song for the company. I will hold a special concert on December 1st!" She smiled. "I will cover a few songs that speak about Mental Health and will also present that special song." She said and a warm smile spread on her lips. "But before that, I will fly to Canada to visit Mum and Dad."

Mark opened his mouth. "Ah, I'm jealous!" He whined and filled the hot water in his Ramyeon box. "I have finally a few weeks off, after working non-stop since April." Mari smiled and carried her plate to the dinner table. Mark followed with his Ramyeon and walked back to the fridge to get out two cans of Cider.

The couple started eating when Mari remembered what she actually wanted to ask Mark. "By the way", she said with her mouth full of Sundae, "can I tell my parents about us? Mum will probably tell your Mum but... you told Jaehyun-sunbae about it, so I thought I could tell Mum and Dad?"

Mark choked on his Ramyeon when Mari finished speaking. "To my defence, Jaehyun found out because of my home screen. I never planned on telling him in the first place! He forced me to explain the picture!" Mark wiped the corners of his mouth and Mari nodded. 

"Sure, I understand. But that still doesn't answer my question, Mark Lee." She said and her Canadian accent was really prominent. Mark bit the insides of his cheeks. "Sure, I wouldn't mind. But what if our companies find out? You only debuted this year and I don't want to ruin your career! You're working so hard, especially now that you're the ambassador of Basket Case Foundation. I don't want to ruin your chances."

Mari understood Mark's concern and sighed. "I see." It was hard keeping her happiness a secret, but as a part of this relationship, she had to respect her significant others wishes. And if Mark was worried she might cause trouble with telling people about their relationship, she decided to keep it a secret a little bit longer.

They finished their dinner quietly; talking about their current work. Mark spoke a lot about their upcoming World Tour and kept asking if Mari was alright with him travelling the United States, Russia and Europe. "Of course I will miss you, Mark. But there's Skype, Facetime and even more ways we can talk." She giggled and quickly pecked his lips.

Keeping a secret was hard, but with Mark on her side it was a little less difficult.