✦ sports seoul

BREAKING: NCT's MARK and AHN MARI are Confirmed To Be Dating

2019-01-12 

[스포츠서울 손류민] Seoul Sport's Son Ryumin went to SM Entertainment x Blue Soda Entertainment's press conference regarding dating rumors between NCT's Mark Lee and soloist Ahn Mari.

Son Ryumin-sshi had prepared a lot of questions for this press conference, but a lot of her questions were already answered by the two Idols when other tabloids ask them. But Mark Lee revealed what circumstances Ahn Mari was confronted after her company put her on a hiatus and cleared her whole schedule plus canceling her collaboration with the Basket Case Foundation.

Mark Lee confessed that he only heard about the rumors after they have been released. The rapper also confessed that Mari was forced to break up with him and that her company had mistreated her during the whole process. 

We have already discussed Ahn Mari's hard work for the Basket Case foundation in an earlier report, where we praised Mari for her hard work for the small company and listed her in our list of most influential artists of the new generation.

Hearing the shocking news about Mari being mistreated by her own company because she was, simply put, in love was shocking to Son Ryumin-sshi.

The journalist didn't wrap the topic in blankets when the manager of Ahn Mari K** S***-sshi had spoken on behalf of Blue Soda Entertainment, saying they did this to prevent Mari from further damage. But the damage had already been done, when the girl was forced to write an apology letter to her fans.

Son Ryumin-sshi and other journalists had the same opinion: Blue Soda Entertainment had made a big mistake in protecting their artist from malicious comments and further rumors, by putting all the blame on Ahn Mari.

"She is only a young woman", Son Ryumin said after the press conference. "Companies these days should look after their Artists better and stop mistreating them for things like dating. Dating is not a scandal. Everyone falls in love and if two people work in the same business, it's easier to fall in love."

Ahn Mari had confessed that Mark and she have been dating for around six to seven months now, after being acquainted their whole life.

Sports Seoul hopes that companies, like Blue Soda Entertainment, learn their lesson and hope that they start treating their artists better. Loving someone is not a crime and shall not be called a scandal.

We wish Mark and Mari a happy relationship.

by Son Ryumin, January 12, 2019.

‣ 7,546 comments

ahnmarimywifey: I'm glad there are some clear-minded journalists out there. I'm glad Mari is happy now, that she's dating her Mark. I hope he was with her during these hard times. Blue Soda should start treating their Idols better. Smh.

↳ failed to load more comments

― 💌 ―

Wow... after one year and eight months we finally made it to the end of "Tuque"! I can't believe it took me almost two years to complete this story... there were moments were I couldn't update it but now that it's finished I am glad I kept writing till the end.

These non-AU's are still hard for me. Even after finishing four books of it. It's not as easy as it looks like. Finding a unique way how a girl and an Idol can meet... I think I written almost every possible way... Idol x Idol, Athelete x Idol, Trainee x Idol, Fangirl x Idol... I think after finishing my NCT 2018 series I'll stop doing non-AU's for a while...

They're kinda exhausting, since you have to stick to a certain schedule.

But I am glad I went out of my comfort zone and tried it! I learned a lot from writing non-AUs.

As always, thank you for your non-stop support. I don't know how I deserve all of these readers and comments, but thank you. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Knowing that y'all enjoy my stories is making me really, really happy!

I hope I can manage to finish all of my NCT 2018 stories before 2019 ends but I don't think I'll manage that. I mean it's already November...

Anyways! Thank you so much for reading this far.

I love y'all so much.

— Inês, 2019.11.02 (Happy Birthday to my baby Park Woojin!)