23장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"This is humiliating, Mark", Mari said and pushed her dark, curly hair out of her face while she looked at Mark through the mirror she was sitting in front of. Her stylist, Hong Jisung, was fixing her hair and make-up for the press conference SM Entertainment and Blue Soda Entertainment had agreed after an intense fight.

Mark had managed to convince Lee Soo Man, that he was not able to give his all if he and Mari were forced to break up. He told the head of SM, that Mari had always been a dear friend — and now lover — and had inspired him to work harder these past months.

He also told him, that she had been a shoulder he could lean on, if the work got too much and that she was the one that made him the man he was today.

Lee Soo Man, inspired by Mark's speech, immediately called Blue Soda Entertainment and started discussing with the Co-CEO of the small company, forcing them to stop mistreating Mari like this.

It took SM two months to convince the small company to let the couple stay together. But Blue Soda wanted a public statement from both sides, so SM organized a press conference.

"It's not!" Mark said and stepped away from the door he was leaning in. He looked at Mari's stylist and sat down next to his girlfriend, grabbing her hand. "We're going to tell the world once and for all that we're in love with each other, and that they have to fucking deal with it."

Mari chuckled at Mark's outburst and slightly turned her head to look at him. "I'm afraid. People weren't really nice these past months and I don't want to start 2019 with another scandal." Mari confessed and looked down. 

Jisung was continuing fixing her curls, not understanding a word the couple was sharing since their whole conversation had been in English. 

"People should stop calling Dating Scandals, Scandals. Dating is nowhere a scandal. People that have someone they love and are loved in return shouldn't think it's a crime. Understood?" Mark asked and Mari nodded, her eyes sparkling.

"Mari, we're ready" Sora had entered the room and had looked at Mark and Mari's intertwined hands. She sighed and looked down. She felt guilty for everything that had happened. If she wouldn't have turned in the condoms, Mari would've continued dating in secret and wouldn't have been so hurt.

Their relationship had been rocky since the day of that dreadful meeting in Blue Soda and Sora had the feeling Mari wasn't trusting her anymore. She understood it. Sora was the one, telling the company about the condoms after all. But Sora didn't know the company was being so harsh to Mari.

Mari looked at Sora and nodded. "It's time," she said and looked at Mark. She took one last breath and gave Mark's hand one last squish before walking towards her manager. Sora looked at Mari and smiled carefully. "You look cute," she said. "The curls fit you and your concept a lot!" The manager smiled and Mari only looked at her. "Thank you," she mumbled and walked after her through the corridor of the auditorium.