Chapter 7

Walking down the streets with Saya and Maria, ready to pick up some wine to spice up the party, we talk about the school. It's just the three of us, so they don't need to pretend, Maria isn't under Chico's pressure and Saya doesn't have to look so tough all the time.

The two girls looked beautiful. Maria was wearing a red dress showing some cleavage, her hair and red lips complimenting her as always, it was easy for her to be beautiful. Saya was wearing a short black dress, nothing too formal, really comfortable and Saya-like. Her lipstick and eyeshadow complimenting her, but her hair was as always down, and straight. Mine was loose, falling down naturally. I had a braid on the side, like most of the time when special occasions came up, it was some Nordic traditional style my mother insisted in teaching me.

Saya and Maria had joked for ten minutes about the whole Marcus thing, the Mexican girl was sad she didn't get to witness it but amused we had kissed the same boy. "Real proof of friendship" as she calls it.

"They can think what they want. I know they all call me a bitch, Hela knows they call her a sociopathic bitch, it doesn't matter."

"You are a bitch. Be proud of that." Maria says trying to gain empowerment from the insult women tend to receive when they are too strong or independent for a man's taste.

"People who proudly self-apply labels like "asshole" or "bitch" as if it's a sign of their own strength are looking for an excuse to lean into their unpleasant nature."

"Now I feel called out." I say grabbing her arm and linking it with mine. "I am a sociopathic bitch."

"Well, they all think I'm crazy."

"They're gonna think what they want." Saya dismisses it.

"Nothing we can do about it." I finish smiling at her.

"I don't care what they say. I just wish it wasn't true."

"You're not crazy." We both say at the same time turning around to look at her.

"I just want to be normal."

"Why would you want something so silly? Normal is working all your life to end up in a mediocre job, raising mediocre kids wishing you could do something more with your mediocre life before it's over." I say, and Saya nods in agreement. "You can do better than that, Maria."

"But what's more normal than bragging about how normal you are?" she says, and we chuckle at it. "Maybe we shit on what we can't have. Me, in my heart, I would love to own a house like this... Filled with books, niños running around, music in the air."

"Enjoy that bullshit." Saya cuts her making me shake my head, that girl did not have a sense of touch in her body. "I'm gonna party forever and rule the world. Ain't that right, Hela?"

"Well I have responsibilities and a business to take over, but dying of alcohol poisoning sounds like a noble death, Saya." I say chuckling. "But we would like to come and visit."

"Auntie Saya, party queen of the world. Auntie Hela, ruler of the world. Sounds good for me." Maria replies, linking our arms together and starting to walk back to the store. "Maybe could bring Uncle Marcus every two weekends?" she teases making Saya break out in laughter

"Fuck you, Salazar."

"Anytime, amor mío."

After getting the wine and probably injure the owner of the shop badly, we run back to the school. Laughing and messing around with the wine, we enter the gym, where everyone is dancing and talking with their friends. Maria brings us to the center of the dance floor, and we start to dance to the music.

Maria twists and laughs as Saya and I try to keep up with her, one thing the beauty was is unstoppable when it comes to dancing and music overall. We laugh and dance together until I sport Viktor and Petra. Excusing myself, I walk to the couple.