Chapter 10

Last night, after getting myself together I called my father and told him about my little rendezvous avec Mikaela, Henrik and Kenji. We made plans, send his best warrior after the Kuroki, wanting to get his son back and to eradicate a few of them, as a warning to not mess with us. He was upset about it, he loved my mother and gave her everything he had, but she did not share his devotion and part of him always knew.

Everyone has their own family issues bullshit. Mine, with my poor excuse of a mother selling her bastard kid to save her own skin, putting all three of us in danger while doing so, Billy's shit of a father and Saya's fucked up brother who's become the number one target for me now, fact that she doesn't know yet.

So that's why we were in a car now, road to Vegas to basically kill his father, information only Marcus, him and I had. Billy and I have known each other since he first arrived here, and even if we did not always hang around each other, we were close, he knew shit I hadn't told anyone and so did I. I knew his abusive father wanted to use his little brother to repay debts too, and maybe that's what we shared, we both wanted to protect our own. Me from my mother, and him from his father.

But I also had other plans, Father had told me an old friend of his, an old contact, was in Vegas for a while and he could give me information that we could use. Maybe not about Kuroki, but about what kind of deal and information my mother had to share, what they knew, who needed to be killed.

It's daylight when we arrive to a dinner stop, a hippie call, and I can hear Willie complaining from the back seat, not wanting to get involve with hippies.

"Where were you yesterday?" Marcus asks me, turning when Saya stops the car.

"Business came up." I vaguely explain and he frowns at it a little but he doesn't push it forwards. It would be useless anyway.

"Hippies have drugs." Saya explains as the rest nods and finally catch up making me chuckle.

"Since when do you partake?"

"I grew up Yakuza. I managed a champagne club before I was 13. Hard-core, not some rookie-hour, baby bullshit you pansies get up to." She sasses Billy and turns back to Marcus. "Give me your money. You can't trust these crunchy fuckers."

"You don't think I can tell if someone is selling me bunk drugs?"

"Nope, you're too innocent, Marcus. Let us deal with it." I agree with Saya jumping out of the car.

"Thank you for the confidence." He says rolling his eyes and I wink at him teasingly. "Yeah, we'll take care of our own score."

"Suit yourself." And with that we go inside, looking for something worthy.

The bar is loud and the smell of alcohol, drugs and sweat fills us in half a second. Maria and I start to charm our way into some guys, as Saya stays close behind. We chitchat and flirt, trying to get some free shit and decide if its' good or a pass. When I turn to look at Maria she's smiling, a little bag of white powder on her hands. They both run to the bathroom and I follow behind them.

The Latina girl starts to trace lines and rolls up some money, ready to get high.

"Hey, how did your talk with your mother go?" Saya asks as Maria starts with the coke.

"Crazy bitch has put all of my family and the league on danger, tried to kill me but she didn't and I tried to kill her but I decided to wait in case my brother's dead, if he is, she's going to wish she was in hell." I sum up with a smile before leaning on and snort the white drug.

"Cool." Saya awkwardly says, not really knowing how to react. Maria and I laugh, already high, waiting for her to get on too. The two girls keep going, but I just stay at one shot. Even if there was time until Vegas, I had to have a clean mind for the meeting, so just a go was enough for me.