Ch 1B- Jee Bharke Dekhiye

Sameer strode in with a swag in his steps until the string of his rucksack caught in the door pulling him back, causing the basket of peas to scatter at his feet.  Grah kam Mattar Pravesh zyada ho gaya yeh. Of course, he was stepping into his sasural, how can his entrance ever be normal here. He had to do something every time he came. The first time it was a bag of rice grains, then a shower of slaps and swears, and so on. The list was endless. The only time he ever stepped into his sasural that could be considered close to normal was when he had brought his family over for Naina and his rishta at midnight. Suffice to say, nothing could be normal when it meant visiting Safuri Suit Papaji ka ghar. But anything to be close to my beautiful wife. 

Only he knew that heavy feeling of regret which gripped his chest when he woke up clad in a blanket on a cold shivering morning. So she had opened the door of their room sometime in the night and covered him with a blanket. Sameer you idiot! You shouldn't have fallen asleep!  You could have spent the night in your bed together and this morning would have woken up with her warm body cuddling into yours. You could have started your day with a passionate lovemaking session instead of seeing Kanji's face. But nahi tabhi kumbhkaran ki chatti aulaad banna tha tujhe. Moron!

He had slept on the couch the previous night because a furious Naina had locked herself in the room. It was then that he had realised maybe he had gone too far this time. But there could no middle ground for him where Naina was concerned. Only extremes existed in that tiny space between her and him. Extreme love, extreme passion, extreme anger or extreme jealousy. It was a straight flight from 0 to 100 within seconds. Be it their desires or their anger. 

"Are damaadji aap aagye? Lekin Naina toh keh rahi thi ki aap bahut busy hai?" Chachiji asked and then eyed at the mess he had made. So Naina had not revealed anything about their fight which meant only one thing: she wasn't planning on leaving him for too long but was angry enough to leave him alone for 15 days to ponder on their differences. 

But how could he leave her alone for that long? Exactly, 15 seconds after waking up he regretted his outburst. 15 minutes later, he was going mad at her absence. Insane with the incomplete feeling he struggled with all his life. Naina leaving had edged open every single wound of abandonment that burned his being. And he knew then that he needed to be with her. As urgently as he needed to breathe. Only her presence could mend the marring those wounds had left every single time. Only that immense pool of love for him in her honeyed brown eyes could draw him back into the warm net of security. 

"Ji woh sorry Chachiji, galti se gir gaye. Preeti ki shaadi hai toh socha ki yahi rehkar aap logo ka har cheez mein haath batadoon." He spoke, looking at his Naina standing in the glow of the warm afternoon sun. Her hair tied up in a messy bun, eyes furious with a glint of mischief, lips firmly set in a glare. She was so hot when she was angry. He swore he just wanted to scoop her up in his arms and take her to a room where he would..

"Damaadji apne bataya nahi." Chachiji interrupted his steady flow of rather hormonal thoughts. God one night without making love and he was losing it! Right chachiji was asking something. but what was she asking. Also why was he still at the door? Right he had dropped a basket full of peas on the ground. He shook himself out the fugue of desires and tried to gather his bearings. God his need for her will drive him insane one day!

"Jee Chachiji." He replied, flashing her a smile. Whatever the question was, he was sure an agreement would make her happy. 

"Tune theek kaha tha Naina, damaadji ko mere haath ke tinde sachme pasand hai. Chalo mai andar jaakar jaldi se chaunk laga deti hoon" Chachiji said, causing a nauseated feeling to arise in his throat even as Naina snickered at his disgusted expressions.  "Naina beta tu farsh saaf karde taaki damaadji andar aa sake." Chachiji spoke making Naina glare at him. He raised his eyebrow and winked at her.