6 | another teen in the tower

c h a p t e r s i x
a n o t h e r t e e n i n
t h e t o w e r

     HAVING A THIRD teenager in Avengers Tower was the strangest thing Margo had ever experienced

HAVING A THIRD teenager in Avengers Tower was the strangest thing Margo had ever experienced. Especially, because the only other teenager was Wanda, and she was already nineteen.

"How have you never seen Star Wars?! It's the best movie series that has ever existed!" Peter argued, staring at Margo in complete ah.

The girl shrugged. "I've just never seen it." She replied honestly, tilting her head as she read the boy's thoughts on the matter. With Peter around, she was finding it less and less necessary to need her serum. She didn't need to worry about other people's thoughts screaming in her mind, because all that she could hear when he was around, was his soft ones.

Nevertheless, despite her seeing the issue as 'not a big deal', Peter was absolutely mortified. His brain was working at a mile a minute trying to process how Margo had never seen what he claimed to be, the only reason worth living. The blonde laughed lightly. "Peter, if it's so much of a problem, we can watch it right now." She inquired, standing up to turn on the lobby television.

The look on Peter's face was priceless as she turned on his favorite movie, grabbing a lollipop from her back pocket.

     "That is the best idea you've had all day." He joshed, earning an eyeroll as Margo threw him the remote.

     "We've got everything on there, I'm sure you can find it." She inquired, sitting besides him with her legs folded criss-cross.

     Peter was smiling brightly, brighter then Margo had ever seen him smile, and it made her happy to see him happy. Her moment of bliss however, was interrupted by the loud and invasive music that filtered through the surround system. The Star Wars intro made her jump near-to-heaven, and she dove behind the couch, completely caught of guard and terrified. Who makes an intro so fucking loud?!

     Peter laughed playfully, peering down at her and holding out his hand to help her up. Margo gingerly accepted the offer, her cheeks red with embarrassment. Peter's touch was comforting in a way. He made her feel safe and calm when he was around. Which was something Margo desperately needed to feel. Wanda did the same thing, but even then, her mind was so loud. Having Peter around, was just. . . nice.

     The boy helped her back onto the couch, letting go of her hand once he had done so, but Margo frowned when he did. She thought about using her powers to see what he was thinking, but without his permission, Margo decided against it. She liked listening to Peter's mind, but she was beginning to feel a bit invasive. He could never have a say in what she did, or did not, hear, and that quickly became an issue for Margo. Of course, Peter had never seen it as a problem, he'd never said it or thought it, but Margo still felt like she was overstaying her welcome whenever she started listening in on where she wasn't invited. Especially since Peter was her friend.

     She sighed, turning her head to see a woman with two, cinnamonbun buns on either side of her head appear on the screen. Margo furrowed her brows. "Who's that?" She asked, wrapping her arms around her legs as she settled back onto the couch.

     Peter's eyes not once wandered from the screen, but he answered her question by explaining, "Thats Princess Leia, she's been kidnapped, so thats why she's there."

     Margo frowned. "So this movie has princesses?"

     The boy besides her laughed, turning to her with an amused smile. "Yeah, I guess so." He stated, tilting his head slightly so that a few loose curls fell into his face. She noticed how he had stopped gelling it back so much. Maybe it was getting to be too much work.

     Instinctively, Margo reached up to move them away, but regretfully recoiled after she'd done so. Both her and Peter's faces had tinged pink, and she mumbled a quick 'sorry', before turning back towards the screen. Peter however kept staring for a while longer; though eventually, he shook his head, and turned around as well.

     Halfway through the third movie, Margo had fallen asleep. Her head was resting against a pillow that Peter had propped up against his side, and she moved a bit when he pulled a blanket over her.

     It wasn't until the vibration of her phone struck her hip, that she finally awoke.

     Peter was still there, watching the film quietly, his mind moving as fast, and as quiet, as it always did. He smiled when he saw that she was awake. Margo smiled back.

     She then took out her phone, seeing that she had received an email from an unknown user, and that access to said email required a password. . .

     what  is  your  favorite  movie  ?

     The question immediately set off a flag, because Margo rarely talked about movies —let alone her favorite— with anyone but Steve. Her eyes grew wide in excitement.

     Back To The Future Part I

     The screen soon after turned black, and small white lettering appeared along the bottom.

Margo

I know that sending this message is risky, so I have to be quick.

I know you don't want to fight, Mars. I know what you believe about the accords, and I'm begging you to stick with that. Can I count on you?

Steve

     Margo was instantly relieved. Cap, and the rest of the team, were ok.

     She quickly began typing a response.

Cap,

My father expects me to fight. He has backup, and I'm on total lock down, but yes, the accords are bullshit. I know it, and so do you. So don't worry, you can count on me. If worse comes to worse, I'll be ready to fight for what I believe in.

Margo

Margo,

Clint is coming for Wanda tonight. If you
wish it, we will gladly take you too.

Steve

     Margo contemplated this for a moment, but ultimately decided against it. If she left, her dad would only work harder to find them, and she didn't necessarily want Peter to think that she'd abandoned them.

Cap,

I'm better off here for now. Trust me. But I'll do whatever I can to help Wanda. You have my word.

Margo

a short chapter, I know, but it was kind of a filler. So bare with me here.

What's your favorite movie?