7 | the runaway disaster

c h a p t e r s e v e n
t h e r u n a w a y d i s a s t e r

c h a p t e r   s e v e nt h e  r u n a w a y  d i s a s t e r

     TONY HAD LEFT for the night. Something about a last minute meeting with the secretary. Leaving Peter, Wanda, Vision, and Margo, home alone.

     Currently, Margo was sitting in the lounge room with Wanda. Peter had long since gone to bed, and now she was just waiting for the signal Steve had warned her about.

     The 'signal', of course, was no less then a freaking explosion in her front lawn.

     "What is it?" Wanda chirped, suddenly making Margo aware of her presence.

     Watching through the glass, her and Vision tried desperately to see the commotion, but neither could. "Stay here, please." Vision instructed, phasing through the wall on his way to investigate.

     After a moment, Wanda suddenly compelled a knife to fly across the room, and Margo tried desperately to stop her. "Wanda, wait–"

     The blade froze, inches from piercing Clint's skull, but the man laughed lightly. "Guess I should've knocked." He joked, even though he was seconds from death. Margo breathed a sigh of relief.

     Wanda however, was extremely surprised. "Oh my god! What are you doing here?" She cried, glancing over her shoulder to look for Vision.

     "Disappointing my kids." He sighed, shooting an arrow on either side of the room. "I'm supposed to go waterskiing."

     Margo cut in, drawing Wanda's attention. "Cap needs your help. You should go with Clint, Wanda."

     The woman gave Margo a strange look. "But what about you? We can't just leave you, Mars." She argued, but was cut short by Vision's return.

     "Clint, you should not be here." He stated firmly, approaching the man in a daunting manner.

     Clint laughed sourly. "Really? I retire for what? Like, five minutes, and it all goes to shit."

     "Please consider the consequences of your actions."

     "Okay, they're considered."

     Suddenly, Vis was restricted to the floor by a massive force field, causing Margo to widen her eyes in shock. She didn't know Barton could do that.

     In an instant, Clint grabbed Wanda's arm, pulling her out of the room. "Okay, we gotta go."

     Wanda frowned, giving Margo a sad smile. "I've caused enough problems." She mumbled, looking at her fingers.

     Margo sighed. They didn't have time for this. "Wanda," She began, but was caught off guard by Vision's escape. The robot punched the man to the floor, but despite the power of the blow, Clint recovered rather quickly.

     He sighed. "I knew I should've stretched." 

The two proceeded to fight violently, and Margo stood from her spot, ready to intervene. Luckily however, Wanda was first to the gun, and she pinned vision to the floor with her telekinesis.

"Vision, that's enough. I'm leaving." She growled, using more force then before.

"If you do this, they will never stop being afraid of you."  Vision argued, making Wanda let out a shallow breath.

    "I can't control their fear, only my own." In an instant, Vision was thrown thought the floor. Margo couldn't believe her eyes, she never knew Wanda was that reckless. For crying out loud, there was a hole in her floor now! How was she going to explain that to her father? She sighed.

"You two need to go. Now."

Wanda nodded, grabbing Clint and heading for the exit. Meanwhile, Margo began the trek downstairs to check on Vision, who was. . . irritated. . . to say the least. Fortunately, Peter was already there, helping him stand back up. Unfortunately, he was full of questions.

"Margo! Thank God you're alright! What happened?" He asked her, placing a tentative hand on her shoulder. Although he quickly retracted it, his ears tinted a faint red.

Margo smiled tiredly, running a hand through her tangled blonde hair, and pushing her glasses back up the bridge of her nose. "It's a long story." She mumbled, checking to see if Vision was ok. Of course, he was. She sighed in relief.

     "You two should go to bed. Mr. Stark will be here to deal with this in the morning."

     Peter and Margo nodded in unison, making their way to the stairs, and heading back to their rooms. However, before she could even open her door, Peter stopped her. "H-hey, Margo?" He asked, his words a bit softer then usual.

     She turned, tilting her head in response. "Yes?"

     The boy fumbled with his thumbs for a bit, unsure of what he was going to say. Then, after a moment, he spoke. "You're on our side, right? Like, we're on the same team?"

     Margo blinked, and blinked again. No. They weren't on the same team, but she could never tell him that. It killed her to lie to him, but what was she supposed to do? Peter was a good kid. If he found out Margo was plotting against them, he'd tell her dad in a heartbeat. So, she nodded, and put on the brightest smile she could muster. "Peter, of course we are." She lied.

     Peter smiled, genuinely relaxed as he slouched a bit on the wall. "Good, because I'm trusting you, M."

     "M?" She questioned, causing the boy's grin to widen.

     "Yeah. Everyone calls you Mars, but I like M better." He explained, causing Margo to blush a bit. She liked Peter giving her a nickname. For some reason, it made her stomach feel all bubbly and strange.

     "Oh, well, goodnight Peter." She mumbled, but the boy stopped her again.

     "Everyone calls me Pete, by the way." He replied quickly.

     Margo laughed a bit, turning one last time to face him. "I'll call you P then."

     She didn't wait for a response. Instead, she walked into her room, and fell against her sheets in an intoxicating slumber.

a WAY short chapter, but I didn't have much for this one. . .

Aren't Margo and Peter adorable though?! This friendship is going to be golden before I fuck it up in a few chapters.

question of the chapter: have you ever met someone you just click with? Even just friendship wise?