11 | now this is purgatory

c h a p t e r e l e v e n
n o w t h i s i s p u r g a t o r y

     MARGO AWOKE A whole twenty-four hours later, with a major migraine, and an extremely parched throat

She glanced to her left, finding an Advil and a glass of water placed on her side table, both of which she eagerly took. Though, as her eyes adjusted to her surroundings, she realized she was no longer in her room. In fact, she wasn't even sure where she was.

"In case you were wondering," The sudden interruption caused Margo to jump, and she turned swiftly to lock eyes with none other than Tony Stark himself. "You're in another room down the hall. One that isnt stocked with technology and entertainment devices." He explained. "Oh, and don't try reading my mind either. That pill you took wasn't just Advil." He inquired, taking a step into the bedroom to glare at his daughter. "Consider this your grounding on steroids."

Margo frowned, opening her mouth to argue, but quickly being cut off.

"What were you thinking?" He asked her, seconds before cutting himself off. "No, don't answer that. Clearly, you weren't." He continued. "You can thank Peter for saving your ass, and my sleep serum. Otherwise, you'd be in prison right now, and not in my five-star luxury version."

Margo just stared at him. She had nothing to say. Afterall, what could she say? Tony Stark was livid. Any form of argument would go in one ear and out the other.

The man sighed, sitting on the edge of Margo's queen sized bed. "Look, I'm trying to be a good father here, I'm trying to make this work, and I know you don't agree with the accords, but they keep you safe, Margo; and I need you to spend some time realizing that." He mumbled, standing from his spot, and heading for the door. "So just, think about it." And then he was gone.
.
.
.
It was a quarter to three when her door opened again, and Margo was not in the mood to talk.

"Dad, I don't want another lecture right– oh." She froze up, realizing it wasn't her father who had entered, but none other then the one and only Spiderman. She glared at him from her spot, wishing she could hear whatever hateful thoughts were floating around in his brain. "Come to gloat?" She growled, nose flared in anger.

Peter looked confused, a slightly hurt expression on his features, as he responded, "What? Why would I do that?"

Margo scoffed. "Oh please, you don't have to act like you're happy to see me."

"But I am happy to see you." He replied honestly, his brows furrowed.

Margo just watched him, not believing a word he had to say. She couldn't understand that the boy only came to say hello.

When he realized that she wasn't going to talk to him, he took the liberty to speak first. "Margo, I know why you're mad, but you have to understand–"

"Go to Hell, Parker."

"M. . ."

"P–" She mimicked in a sarcastic tone. Apparently her comment angered the boy, because he took several steps forward so that he towered over her.

"For the love of God, Margo! I was trying to help you!" He yelled, a torn look painted across his features. "I was trying to keep you out of prison. . ."

"Yeah, well that wasn't your decision to make, Peter." She spat in return. Her eyes narrowed into slits, cheeks red in anger.

It was quiet for a moment, both teens glaring at eachother in hopes the other would break first. Of course, Margo would never, so Peter had to pick up the courage to speak again.

     He shook his head slowly, eyes closed tight as he made his way to the far-right corner of the room, sliding down to the floor with his back against the wall. "I know it wasn't my decision M, but that doesn't mean it wasn't the right one. You'd be in jail right now if I hadn't helped Mr. Stark subdue you."

     "Well, maybe I'd prefer jail." Margo stated.

     Peter looked at her with a sad expression. "You don't mean that." He replied, noting the guilty expression in her eyes.

     No, she didn't mean that. . .

     Part of her wanted to strangle the damn boy, but the other half was thankful that he kept her out of trouble. "I just— I don't get it." She eventually replied. "You could have just let me go. I would've been fine on my own. So why go out of your way to keep me out of legal issues?"

     Peter furrowed his brows. "Because you're my friend, Margo. I wasn't going to let you throw your life away." Margo frowned, and it was in that moment, that she finally let his face process, her vision no longer clouded by anger. There was a dark crescent forming beneath his left eye– an awful shade of purple and yellow.

     "Is that from the fight?" She asked blatantly, pointing at his eye.

Peter laughed lightly. "Yeah. You missed a lot." He inquired, a cheerful tone finding its way to his voice.

"I bet." Margo responded, watching as Peter carefully nodded.

     After a moment, he continued with, "I stole Captain America's shield." In a playful manner. His eyes were bright, and he was visibly proud of the feat.

     Margo however glared at him. "How gallant."

     Peter wad obviously taken aback. He'd honestly forgot about the whole situation, and he held his hands up defensively. "I—I didn't mean– damn it. Sorry, M."

     The blonde just laughed. Something about Peter Parker being flustered made her forget she was even upset. "It's ok, P." She responded, and the statement –at least in her head– was forgiving a lot more then just his shield comment.

The boy smiled, a goofy looking grin that forced Margo to look away quickly, desperate to hide the redness of her cheeks.

Ok so, this is short, but idk, I like it. Besides this is mainly just a filler.

Next chapter coming soon! Sorry for the wait!