The Games we Play

The next day at Noah's apartment...

Outside, it looks rundown, enough for one person to live in, he wants to have a very low profile so this is what he thought would work...

Inside, as if by magic, its bigger, the outside wont match what on the inside, he's got a game room with a lot of games, gaming consoles, game boards, toys, all organized equipped with a huge TV.

His bedroom was spacious, a king sized bed with lots of pillows, it has its own bathroom with a Jacuzzi, His closet is enchanted you can actually walk in it, its overflowing with clothes, shoes and sneakers, accessories and the lot it looks like a department store.

His kitchen is awesome it looks like a fine dining restaurant, filled with state of the art equipment, his stove and oven is restaurant quality, cookbooks lined the shelves, a huge fridge, he treats cooking like a game, so he just adores it!

He likes to take care of plants, so he has a small garden of thriving potted plants, herbs, fruits, vegetables, exotics on his balcony.

He also likes to read books; he has a big shelf full of it. And he likes to play with his pet dog, Frappe.

His room could still expand if he likes to, but he likes to keep it like this for now.

Noah is tall and has a very good build, has jet-black hair, charcoal black eyes, a face and a smile that can launch a thousand ships...

Who would think that this boy, who appears to be around 20 years old is Death himself.

His routine starts when he wakes up, he washed his face, took an early morning jog with Frappe, watered his plants, cooked breakfast, ate and he took a shower.

After changing into something more comfortable, death sat down and Frappe lay down by his feet.

Eyes closed... "Eenie-meenie-miney-moe! Ok then PlayStation it is!" Turning it on he played Fortnite.. Noah aka Death likes to play games, he has high scores everywhere he cant lose, he joins competitions everywhere but he wants to remain anonymous, so he uses different usernames and disguises like masks, hoodies; anything that would cover his identity.

Logged in, headphones on start the game!

...Running, stalking, shooting, changing weapon, looting, ransacking, more running, looting, shooting, stalking... the game was running smoothly or so he thought... but sneaking behind him, weirdly undetected or maybe he was not paying attention, his confidence is high another player was tailing Noah, stalking him, looking for the perfect chance to shoot.

Noah suddenly dropped the controller, his jaw dropped, mouth wide open.

"WT Fudge! Who freaking killed me?" Noah was dumbfounded and confused,

"That is the first time someone actually killed me in a game?! Wow! That is really a first!" Noah's tone is in denial.

All he saw was the username "Knight_mare" right before the user logged out. This game just got interesting!

Noah suddenly got curious, "Who is this Knight_mare? Why did I not sense you?"

he took a deep breath as he tried to calm down, Noah picked up the controller and continued playing the game like nothing happened, but at the back of his thought it nagged at him, who is Knight_mare

The weekend rolled over to a weekday like a blink of an eye.

Looking bored, "I don't get it why we have to attend class?" Diana thought out loud.

"Diana your voice!" Tim said.

Diana lowering down to a whisper, "I mean we know everything! We have been here for ages!"

"Well, what else would rather do, to spend eternity here then?!" whispered reply of Tim as he laughed, "Besides its going to be vacation again in a few besides we are in college no one is forcing you to attend as long as you pass. So just be patient," Tim added.

He looked to his right, and noticed Noah's expression was blank,

"Noah? Ey Noah? Hello? Tim to Noah can you hear me?" Tim was waving his hands on Noah's face and snapping his fingers.

"Hmm...?! Ahh yes! Sorry I am just... just thinking of something." As he proceeded to tell the story,

"You are not going to believe what happened to me yesterday!"

"What!?" Tim and Diana said at the same time.

"Someone killed me at Fortnite!" Noah said

"WHAT!?" A little too loud reply from the two, Tim and Diana covered their mouths then while smiling awkwardly, apologized to the stunned class that was looking at them.

"Yeah! All I know is his/her username is Knight_mare." Noah said.

"Nobody and I mean nobody can beat you at any game!" Tim interjected in a matter of fact tone.

"Right!? That is why it is very interesting for me! Imagine I actually lost to someone!" Noah said,

"I am honestly very curious, I want to know who that someone is!" Noah continued.

"So what's your plan?" Diana asked.

"I can not do anything. I cannot sense him!" Noah said a little bit annoyed.

"Ok" Tim said sarcastically... making Diana laugh...

"No! I am serious, I cannot sense where he is or who he is!" Noah said in his defense.

"That is highly peculiar," Diana said. "Tell me about it" Noah replied.

The bell rings, signaling class is over!

"So do we have plans tonight?" Diana cut the silence.

"I'll pass! Sorry guys I have something to do tonight." Tim said.

"Its ok, lets see each other tomorrow then... Bye guys!" Diana replied.