Chaos entity II.

CORINTHIAN BLACKSTONE
Chaos entity

Corinthian Blackstone

It was a breezy night when the shadow of death fell over me.

I think that is what death's like: a dewy fathomless blanket, crawling like the darkening skies of recurring night, covering the day - shapeless, heart-gripping, perhaps terrorizing.

When it settled upon me it began to speak.

'I think I have dwelt forever before I was born in darkness.' His tone was the chill of night, zapping up my naked spine.

Asleep or awake, I don't know; a trance or vision it might have been... perhaps. He paced soundlessly, hiding his form where the moonlight wouldn't reach. The fire danced with the shadows like a shadow drama.

'You listen to me here on Corinthian.' His coat flapped like wings. His sleek tail flapped like a tiefling's, but then again it must have been a furry tail. It was gone as his urgency to be hidden.

'I detest light.' He said apologetically. 'It seeps into the night. Its sharp tips are swords overpowering, suffocating to oblivion.'

His manner of speaking was more an imprint than physical words spoken.

'We are not equals; however, creation was in harmony until the dragon and the wondrous maiden with the bulging belly. Birth came from different forms, especially in the dark, where secrets are irrepressible and musky.' He gabbled.

As he spoke I decided it was a trance.

His words drew me like a child on a swing, swinging to his tale.

I was gone and feeling it all, forgetting that I was in a cave with Evna and Absalom, sweating and paralysed.

I was one with him.

Maybe I was him.

Hidden secrets are the powers of the darkness. The weakness of the dark side is limitation. He muttered, bringing me into his vision.

The wondrous maiden dazzled between the black and bright.

She was the legend that truly existed.

The dragons are lords of the obscure.

The red dragon though, galloping in the clouds in hot pursuit could not be anything more strange.

It was a phenomenal night, where night and day met and the power-hungry sun watch dared to rebel, chasing after a comet - a spectral comet at that; a good reason why she was thought of as the legend.

The darkness did not know her and the sun could not see her, until now when the sun and moon met.

She hovered above the translucent moon, washed in the deadly rays' warmth, crowned by the twelve stars. This was the perfect chance to vanquish the light and bring the absolute power to the dominated obscurity.

I crawled from wherever crevice I lay seeping out to witness the battle that should end the sun's tyranny.

It was not a battle.

It was a matter of when the red dragon would catch up to her. The mighty tail whipped out an abysmal portal.

As soon as the woman's child was born, he would be consumed and the wondrous maiden would be swallowed into the hole.

She groaned, holding her belly in her flight. The dragon roared, breathing fire.

The fire washed through her like refreshing rain, maddening the monster.