The Lexogan Forges I.

CORINTHIAN BLACKSTONE

The Lexogan Forges

‘Lexogan Forges’  Soph’s voice was clear in the best way a robot could be programmed, ‘is nine-hundred and fifty kilometres ahead.’

‘I think it’s perfect.’ Mum said, wearing her helmet.

Dad and I followed suit.

For the first few minutes, we did things robotically, in harmony like it was every day a wandering star collided against our travelling ship.

Mum read through the manual making sure everything was in place so that dad had to stand up more than once to the control room.

After checking for about the fifth time that I was suited up and secured in a place like some child, Omega Superstar was ready to take off.

The ship trembled at its rising, besides that there was nothing to worry about.

The Blackstones had been sent on a mission to retrieve an artefact from Landers Range, a day’s journey back and forth.

Evna Blackstone, my mum is one of many top research scientists in WHEPO; a large health and science sector in Unification. Absalom Blackstone, my dad on the other hand is an orthopaedic scientist.

We had received two relics at landing; a painting of a white-haired girl and a giant, and a metal scroll said to be forged in the Lexogan forges.

The Lexogan Forges was an isle by Saints Realm, owned by a prominent hunter family; our enemies.

The hunter families hold an age-long grudge against the shifter nations, which are dotted in various sections of the universe.

The Blackstones and Dragon Claw inhabit Planet man’s Harbour.

The Lexogan Forges were surrounded by interstellar military forces as well as transporters, which transported steel to other planets.

Planet man’s Harbour is a sovereign nation of humans, as well as aliens with citizens and asylum pass.

We own the rights to steel trade in the intergalactic realm.

Lexogan Forges is one of three forges; Prochëte Furnace from the planet of Möcæo, said to be a part of the inner galactic and the Lander’s broken mine.

‘Your pass, Professor…’ An enforcer in an astra paige asked. ‘Doctor’ he raised his cap to dad in greeting.

‘Captain’ Dad said, rummaging through his bag pack for his pass. ‘I can’t remember where I put it.’ Dad grumbled. ‘You know us, let us through.’ Dad ordered.

‘It’s protocol… the Queen’s orders.’ The captain said with a helpless shrug.

‘Here, I have all three of our passes.’ Mum said as she retrieved them from the emergency pack. ‘That was the best place to put it after what happened.’

Mum glanced at dad.

The captain collected it, comparing the faces on the passes to ours.

Satisfied he handed it back.

His pod zoomed away, close to the giant steel walls.

The gate roared up slowly and we were let in.

The forges, built together stood upon a gigantic cloud, with offshoots of fat wires, the size of my six-foot form hanging out, breathing out monoxide.

The ceiling was a fiery never dying fire that forged the steel.

A traffic of steel wagons sled through the commerce bridge, where elected tradesmen with rights to sell and buy steel parts and weapons sat or stood.