iv. virtually staring

a/n: above is a quanos edit i made for fun :)

//

It was kind of well-known that gaming/commentary YouTubers didn't have any lives. Pretty self-explanatory, you thought, what with typical introverted traits and the extreme time commitment creating content required. When you weren't filming, editing, chatting, or just surfing the web (which counted as work... technically), there was little time left for social interaction, much less hitting up clubs or going out on dates like normal people your age.

Brightside: you had made quite a few close internet friends that you were almost always communicating with in some manner.

Not-so-brightside: your friend group, although preferring to be homebodies, still loved to hang out often-- which ended up resulting in a tangible event, otherwise known as Friday Night Joshin. Everyone took Friday night off, cleared a space free from editing and streaming, and voted on which game to play that night. The results usually ended up being Assassin's Creed, Overwatch, or Among Us. Henry often petitioned to play Fortnite so that he could show off his "wicked skills," but, while you and your friends' standards were wack, they weren't that wack.

Hanging out with your friends in multiplayer games every Friday night was refreshing; it gave you something to look forward to each week. Even though you were all constantly in touch with one another, a few hours of designated peace and games trumped any other activities you did together. Although you were unsure when it all first started, you had begun to look forward to each Friday Night Joshin session-- up until a certain someone joined the group.

Ever since Alex became a regular part of your friend group, the game votes had steadily shifted from entertaining, mostly-serious games to abominations like Toontown and Club Penguin. Granted, you were quite familiar with them and didn't dislike the games themselves, but you rapidly grew irritated with the childish influence he had garnered. It had been weeks since you'd played a typical game with the group-- even Fortnite would be tolerated at this point. You'd already heard rumors from Aksel that they were wanting to play Habbo Hotel today, and you knew that if you had to hear Alex rant about his hacked furni one more time, you'd become completely ballistic.

//

group chat: whatsup fuckers🦀🦀🦀

bluesdank: hit the dab👊
hit the yeet✊
beat🤜 my meat🥩
go to sleep🙏
dream dream💤 dream dream dream dream💤

wildspartanz: What the fuck 🅱️enry
tHIS IS WHY MOM DOESNT FUCKING LOVE YOU

bluesdank: s'not what she said last night

fpsdiesel: henry
have u heard of the atlantic ocean between u two

kingani: don't encourage him!

N/Nbee: diesel
have u heard of planes, boats, and electronic communication

wildspartanz: This is mo bamba vs sicko mode all over again

itshooverr: