I|day one(i)

-Part one-

Paisley sat in the back of her fathers black Volvo, her head sat on Jared's shoulder while the pad of his thumb moved softly on the top of her hand which was tangled with his. She took a deep breath in, the smell of his cologne danced up her nostrils; bringing a sense of calmness to her- one she couldn't have found anywhere else.

The girl had large bags under her eyes, her grey-blue eyes bloodshot as she could hardly keep them open. She hadn't gotten any sleep last night, not that a good nights sleep seemed to do her any good anyway. Everyday Paisley felt more exhausted, no matter how much sleep she got or coffee she drank; everyday it was harder to wake up.

Jared moved his head ever so slightly, pressing his lips to her forehead, feeling as his girlfriend relaxed farther into his touch. Paisley felt so safe near him, it was like the world melted away as soon as he placed his arms around her.

Ben watched from his rearview mirror, smiling lightly at the couple. He'd always liked Jared. Jared looked at his daughter the way he looked at Chris; like he'd stop at nothing to protect her. That was all both her fathers wanted for her, to find a boy or girl who loved her so deeply and unconditionally that you could see it.

"Hey dad, do you think we could go to the mall after P's doctor's appointment?"Wyatt asked, breaking the streak of no one in the car saying a word. Paisley smiled at the nickname, he was the only one who ever called her that. When Wyatt was learning how to talk, he could never pronounce her name properly, his lisp was very dominate back then. So he had just called her P, and then as he got older and worked with a speech therapist at school, the lisp became almost undetectable but the nickname still stuck around.

"As long as she feels up to it" Her father nodded, it wasn't every day they went to Seattle, plus it was like the only time they ate fast food; with the agreement they didn't tell pops. Christopher was a chef, who owned an extremely well known and loved restaurant in Port Angeles. He referred to them eating fast food as them 'betraying him', which followed behind with a lecture of supporting the big chains. It was almost as if Paisley could hear his voice in her head; 'They lie to you, that 100% American beef your eating? Hoarse!'

"Of course wy, "Paisley said, snuggling deeper into Jared, her eyes never opening as the words left her mouth.

"Everything is gonna be okay" Jared whispered it so softly that it couldn't have possibly been heard it besides her. His words seem to give her hope. They filled her with the happiness she normally had as she nodded her head against his chest.

"Here we are"Ben said, making the girl open her eyes as she watched the big buildings pass them by, the car heading towards the large building on the corner; a blue H on the top. She could feel her stomach stop again as the car came to a stop.

"Why don't you and Jared go up and we will park the car and meet you up there?"He asked, looking to see there were no spots right out front; and he could clearly see she wasn't in the mood for a 6-minute walk.

"Sure," Paisley said, her mouth going dry as she nodded her head, finally bringing herself to open her eyes. She sat and squinted for a moment, trying to regain clear vision as the bright light of the sun beamed right into her pupils.

It took her a second, but the fuzziness went away, leaving her with a clear mind as she opened the car door, making her way around the car to find her boyfriend who had his hand sticking out ready for her to take.

Paisley looked at the elevator as her heart rate began to speed up, it was her biggest and more irrational fear, but she could never stop the panic attack from coming on as soon as she stepped into the large metal box. Her grip on Jareds hand tightened as she pressed the large 7 that began to glow.