I|day four

Paisley Holland sat in her brother's room, watching as he walked in and out of his small walk-in closet; each time with a different shirt. The older sister could see the stress on his face as he came out again, a hunter green hoodie in one hand and a striped shirt in the other.

"You two have hung out every single day since you met, why are you stressing about it now?"She asked, sitting criss-cross in the middle of his bed. His room was navy blue with bold white borders. It was clean and crisp. She looked at a picture which sat next to the large Mac on his desk, it was all five of them at Disney world, Jared one of them. They had gone over the Christmas break, it was a gift from the law firm Ben worked for, as a thank you for his 15 years of hard work. Paisley couldn't help but smile, looking at how happy they were in that photo.

"Because, its just different this time. I think he thinks I like him"He said, shaking both of his hands with items of clothing

"Hoodie. And do you like him?"

"It's too early for that"

"I knew Jared was the one from the moment I laid eyes on him. Never take time for granted Wy" She said the last part with pain in her voice. Though nothing fun or notable happened on day three, she'd spent the night lying awake while Jared snored on her chest, thinking about all the moments she'd taken for granted, and all the time she waisted not saying and doing the things she wanted.

"How did you feel, when you saw him?"His question had an underlying message, that Wyatt himself didn't even know, but Paisley did.

"He looked in my eyes, and It was like the world paused for a second. Everyone else faded away and our eyes just locked with one another's. My heartbeat got faster, my stomach swarmed with butterflies, and it was like suddenly he was the only guy in the world. It was peaceful, breathtaking, and every time I look at him, I still feel the same way"Paisley smiled at the memory, she felt that peace now, even when she was only thinking about it.

"Yeah, that's how I feel" Wyatt said, swallowing a lump in his throat as he nodded his head before he threw on the green hoodie.

"Then you have nothing to worry about-" Paisley was interrupted by a knock on the door, both of the Holland Siblings eyes went to the white wood as it opened, Ben walking through with a half smile on his lips. He was still dressed in one of his many work suits, but both of them looked confused, it was only almost 1, he usually didn't get home until 5.

"Everything okay dad, You're home early"Paisley frowned as she moved to the edge of the bed, watching as her father sat down next to her, Wyatt following suit and taking up space on the other side.

"I decided to take some time off. You're starting treatment in a few days, and I know you said Jared would be at every appointment, but I wouldn't be doing my job as your dad if I wasn't there" He said, his voice showed how tired he was, but he didn't look much better. Their usual energetic, fun going, sarcastic dad had been consumed with what looked like sleep deprivation.

"I stopped by the high school on my way home, I had a meeting with the Principals and some of your teachers"

"As of now, P's an unenrolled student, who's spot will be saved for when she returns, and you will be submitting all your work online Wy. I know school is the last thing on anyone's mind, but the school would have started calling soon" To say both the siblings felt overwhelmed was an understatement, all three of them were at a loss for words.

"Have you heard from pop?"Wyatt asked, breaking the silence as the two teens sat wrapped in their father's arms.

"No, not yet" He sighed, it was much more complicated than that, but Ben felt as if he couldn't find the words to explain it all.