I|day one(ii)

-part two-

Jared paced in Paisley's hospital room, his eyes jumping to the girl who sat in the middle of the small bed. Ben and Wyatt sat on chairs beside her. The boy couldn't sit down; Paisley had tried many times. His eyes moved towards the window. The room overlooked a small park where kids from the elementary school play, the sound of laughs and giggles could be heard from her room.

"Jar, come here" Paisley told him, her eyes drifting from her dad, whose fingers were dancing hyperactively across his phone screen- probably texting her father. Jared looked at her from his place by the window. Paisley couldn't help but smile as the sun reflected off his eyes, she always thought he had the most beautiful eyes. The wolf didn't move, but their eyes locked and she watched the sadness come as quickly as it went from his eyes. He had to be strong for her. Finally, he gave in, nodding his head as he walked closer to her, and sat on her bed next to her, his arm going to her lap as he placed his head on her shoulder- suddenly it was no one else was in the room.

"Do you remember when you looked at me?"She whispered, he knew what She meant, her chest beginning to fall and rise when his did, sometimes their bodies went into sync like that; always when the other needed it most. It brought both of them comfort.

"Yeah, you spilt water on me, because asshole Linda said something about your massive crush on me and made you walk into me" Jared smiled at the laugh let out of Paisley's mouth, he could feel her nod against his shoulder.

"And then you looked into my eyes, mumbling a million apologizes while we sat on the floor, I was helping you pick up your notes for a science presentation. I could smell the excitement on you" He continued. His voice still in a soft whisper, the last part sounded ironic to the father and brother who could partially hear- but she knew what he meant.

"I was so intimidated; you were so much smarter than me" Jared admitted, his eyes finding a path to hers as her lips broke out in a smile.

"Don't you forget it"She winked, making the boy only smile in return. He'd never get over this feeling, the power she had to make it feel like the whole world just melted away and only the two of them were left. Paisley was all he ever needed in life.

Jared went to open his mouth when the door opened, Doctor Adams and three other a mix of in light blue and Navy scrubs walked in; the look on her doctor's face wasn't the same as this morning. Both Ben and Jared stood up, the wolf stood right next to Paisley; her hand gripping onto his with all her might.

"Hi Paisley"Doctor Adams said to her, giving her a slight smile.

"Hi" She waved back, the anxiety seeping back through as if all of Jared's comfort had just washed away from her.

"This is Doctor Shepeard and Doctor Karev, and this is our second-year intern Doctor Schmitt" He told her, pointing to each of the females before he pointed to the only one who was wearing light blue.

"Hi, Paisley"Doctor Shepeard smiled, but both she and Jared could tell something was wrong.

"I know how scary this seems, as a doctor, I can tell you we're scary looking sometimes."She told her, making her laugh very lightly as Jared scanned their faces.

"What's going on?"Ben asked. Jared could smell the anxiety on him as well.

"Mr.Holland, Doctor Adams called us because of something that showed up in her scans. It appears that Paisley has an Anaplasic Astrocytoma" Doctor Shepherd continued, Paisley could tell she didn't want the words to come out of her mouth.

"What the hell does that mean?"Jared spoke up, he could feel his heart speed to over a million miles an hour.

"Anaplastic Astrocytoma is a grade 3 brain tumour- "Doctor Karve spoke.