Tonsils

A/N: wow guess who's gonna upset their actual fics! Me! Any request? Send them my way :)

A voice was possibly the most important thing a person could have. A way to communicate with those around you, a way to tell people what you needed when you needed it. This was exactly how babies must have felt when they couldn't say any words but god, did they need to eat. Exactly that.

That was exactly how Crutchie felt when he got his tonsils out.

His throat was dry and he wasn't supposed to talk for a long while, it felt like years to Crutchie, who liked to talk any chance he got. His throat burned and every time he tried to talk in the hospital, a nurse silenced him with an annoyed glare.

He had assumed that his mother would be easier on him and him sneak in a word or two, here and there. Instead, his mother made him lie in his bed, buried in blankets and pillows as soon as he stepped into the house.

"I want you better as soon as possible!" His mother spoke caringly to her soon as she tucked him into bed. "No talking, you understand me, dear?"

Crutchie rolled his eyes, feeling thankful for his mother, although he wanted to show that he could take care of himself.

She left once Crutchie gave her a silent promise not to talk.

A few hours passed of Crutchie blankly staring at his television screen. He felt bored out of his mind, but couldn't grow tired enough to sleep.

-Hey, are you awake? -Jack

Crutchie smiled when his phone buzzed and he saw a text from Jack.

-Yes, why? -Crutchie

Crutchie heard a knock on his bedroom door immediately after he sent the text, much to his surprise. His mother slowly opened his door, only to lead someone else in.

"He'll just be in here, hun, I am so glad you've come to visit." Crutchie's mother spoke happily as he craned his neck to see who was possibly at his bedroom door.

None other than Jack Kelly was standing there, charming and thanking his mother as she slowly shut the door. Crutchie couldn't help but roll his eyes, knowing Jack could have just walked in whenever he wanted to.

"Hey baby." Jack smiled, walking up to Crutchie with multiple bags in his arms.

"J-Jack?" Crutchie mumbled, sitting up in embarrassment. "What are you-"

"Sh, hey, you're not supposed to talk, remember?" Jack quickly spoke, sitting on his bedside. "Who would I be if I didn't come visit my boyfriend?" He smiled when Crutchie grinned, laughing under his breath.

"I brought you some things, baby." Jack grinned, kissing his cheek. "Mashed Potatoes. I know how much you love those." He chuckled when he saw Crutchie giddily sit up. "They're still warm," he promised, pulling more stuff out of the bag. "Soup."

Crutchie laughed softly when he saw that Jack had drawn a cartoon on the side of the cup of soup. It was a cartoon noodle with a heart next to it.

"And for dessert-" Jack lifted out a container of ice cream. "Your favorite. Mint Chocolate Chip. Even though I think it's gross." Jack kissed Crutchie's cheek quickly.

"I feel gross." Crutchie pouted, leaning into the kiss. "Thank you for bringing me things, you didn't have to-"

Crutchie was silenced when Jack pressed his lips against his. It wasn't a deep kiss, it was fast and gentle, with Jack running his through Crutchie's hair.

"What did I say, baby?" Jack laughed against his lips. "You can't talk right now."

Crutchie blushed a deep red and he hid his face. "O-Okay..." He replied weakly.