Baking: Part 1

A/N: Hey guys, it's me, Zelda. Guess who can't update consistently? Me! This isn't as detailed as I'd like it to be but I had fun writing it! Hope you enjoy (always up for requests!)

Jack Kelly had it all.

He had a charismatic charm that was completely undeniable. Anyone could get lost in his dark eyes and the smirk that seemed permanently etched into his face. But, his heart already belonged to one person and one person only. Jack happily spoke a 'hello' to his love, Crutchie, when he walked into his home after buying some groceries that afternoon.

It was David Jacobs birthday and everyone had planned to go to Jack's for dinner. David had requested a nice, quiet dinner and perhaps a movie after. Racetrack asked if he'd like to go sleep after the movie in separate twin beds as well. Racetrack was most definitely almost uninvited. Almost.

"Hey, sweetheart, I'm home!" Jack walked towards a noise he thought he heard in the kitchen. "Crutchie?"

Jack was not prepared for the absolute wreck that was in his kitchen. The floor was covered in flour and accidental spills of cake batter. Chocolate chips lied over the counter and rainbow sprinkles. He whistled in shock, almost sure he should be upset; but he found himself surprisingly calm at the situation. Especially when he saw Crutchie.

Crutchie was leaned over the counter, mumbling to himself as he hurriedly mixed a bowl of what looked like cake mix.

Jack, amused, began to walk behind Crutchie, hoping to scare him. He was taken aback when he saw something dripping onto the floor. His eyes followed the dripping up to the ceiling of all places. And none other but cake batter was dripping from the ceiling. Jack took a breath and looked back at Crutchie, who looked like a deer caught in headlights. Flour, sugar, and any other substance in the kitchen seemed to have made their way to his face.

"Hey, Jacky!" Crutchie put his bowl down, wiping his face quickly with the back

"Hey, Crutchie? Baby?" Jack started to ask, his heart skipping a beat seeing how cute Crutchie looked.

"Yes?"

"Please tell me why there's cake batter on our ceiling."

Crutchie looked up at the ceiling in his kitchen, most definitely still dripping with cake batter. He chuckled, his face turning a dark shade of red. "I was trying to make a cake."

Jack took a breath to take in what Crutchie had said before laughing. "You were trying to make a cake?" It was almost unbelievable as Jack could not fathom how Crutchie could even manage to get batter on the ceiling. It was too funny, a look of amusement showing on his face. "Why were you trying to make a cake?" Jack asked, stifling his laughter when Crutchie started to pout.

Crutchie took a breath and jutted out his bottom lip, letting Jack laugh as he grabbed paper towels and attempted to clean up anything he could. "It was for David's birthday. I thought he would like it, but it turns out I'm not too good at this kind of stuff. And electric mixers are messy."

"Good at what stuff?" Jack questioned, grabbing a broom so he may try to sweep up the mess on the floor. "The whole baking thing?"

"I guess so, I just really wanted to be good at this-" he awkwardly tried to help Jack clean, only to push more flour on the floor and drop batter-covered spoons in the process. He looked up at Jack and shrugged as if his helplessness in the kitchen just could not be helped. "I'm sorry."

Jack paused, shaking his head when he saw a look in Crutchie's eyes that spoke silently just how badly he wanted to be good at this, wanted to be a natural with advanced recipe. "May I help you try to make a new one?" He asked softly, quickly cleaning up as much of the mess as he could before a bigger mess could be made.