Chapter Three

Damien's POV

"You totally like her." I stated, crossing my arms on my chest as Janis glared at me with a noticeable blush on her face.

As if she could hide it, I could tell from the second they saw each other.

"You wish. You just wanna set me up with a cute girl since Cady didn't work in your favor." Ouch, that one was a bit much.

"Defensive, I see?"

"I'm not defensive, I'm telling the truth."

"Liiiiiiaaaaaaaar" I sang, chuckling at her behavior.

"Yeah well you're a stinky-rude-poopy-mean-fuckass!" She snapped. One of our many inside jokes was using child-insults mixed with swearing. We were really cool people, and we surely knew it.

"Why were you holding her hand then?"

"She wanted to feel the material of my jacket and I'm protective so I was making sure I could take it away if she hurt it! It's my baby, Dame!"

"Nice lie, but nope. You're in love! I could see it all over your face." She looked annoyed but still, blushy and flustered. I knew I was right and there was no arguing that could disprove the truth.

"Ugh, I can never get anything past you, huh? Yes, I think she's cute. But it's too early for "love" or anything." She conceded and I had my one-man dance party that was eventually joined by Janis.

"That was meant to celebrate my victory of you admitting your crush, why are you dancing?"

"She likes my jacket." She grinned like an absolute dumbass and I smiled fondly at my useless lesbian of a bestie.

"You're so into her!" She looked away but nodded a bit. She knew she couldn't hide anything from me. Besides, that girl seemed nice. If I was straight, (which is an alternate universe I'm not at all fond of imagining) I could see the appeal. But I am very gay and I see her as Janis' future wife and nothing shall stop me from making that come to fruition.

"Now, what about we don't talk about her, but instead go on some old video game and troll kids."

"That, my friend, depends on the game."

"MovieStarPlanet?" I gasped and nodded my head violently. I definitely had that phase when I was 12. Nostalgia for the win.

*time skip brought to you by Christine loving play rehearsal*

Janis' POV

I wanted to fall asleep so I wasn't a fucking demon when I woke up, but it was 4am and I laid awake thinking about (y/n). She was really cute, her (h/l), (h/c) hair looked so soft and her (s/c) face seemed very expressive. She had kind (e/c) eyes and cool, theatre-y clothes. I just met her, why was I in so deep with a stupid crush? I knew I had to ignore it and just try to toss and turn until I finally managed to sleep.

Maybe I had tons of caffeine at like 11pm and I just didn't remember? I wasn't turning into some cheesy rom-com character. That doesn't happen, and those are about straight people. I, on the other hand, am gay as shit.

My mind went from just pictures of her to scenes with her, voice playing over and over in my head, sweet like honey. Telling me she loved me, giving wedding vows. I pictured lazy days where we hardly ever left the bed, just cuddling all day. I saw us kiss, and I saw her blush and my dopey grin. I saw us as prom dates, her in a sparkly dress and me in a matching suit, posing ridiculously with our arms linked.

But then, the images went a bit less innocent.

Making out with her, slamming her against the bed, hearing her moan my name-

What the fuck was wrong with me? Again, I just met her today and yes, I knew I was lonely but I did not need to fall desperately in love with some probably straight girl again. God, Janis, get it to-fucking-gether.

This was gonna end up like all the others, crashing and burning and causing crying in the cookie dough ice-cream at 3am sessions over stupid romance movies, wasn't it?

I hated how easily I fell for cute girls.

I wanted to hope (y/n) would be different and that all those scenes would come true, but that was sadly untrue and my life would become miserable for a month after rejection once again.

She wouldn't be different, she wouldn't like me, she was straight and a sweet girl who wanted a friend. So a friend I would be. I'd be the best fucking friend she'd ever have, and support her so that at least my gay heart would know she was happy.

With that important decision, I finally fell asleep.

(810 words)