Chapter Eighteen

This chapter is dedicated to kenzieslovelyworld , happy birthday, I hope you enjoy this!!

(y/n)'s POV

Hours had passed of watching movies, and Janis and I hadn't moved from our comfortable position. Though, at some point we'd entangled our limbs together and molded into some kind of inseparable form.

She'd pulled me onto her lap, so her chin rested on my shoulder and the laptop sat on my thighs.

I was sleepy, blinking as I looked at the clock on the bottom of the laptop screen. 12:09.

We were currently watching Sierra Burgess is a Loser, and all commentary had stopped ages ago. After a couple more minutes the film came to a close so I gently picked up the laptop off my lap and set it down next to me, earning Janis' attention.

"I think we should be done with movies, it's late. Your moms are probably asleep." I whispered, not trusting my voice to speak any louder. Janis was uncharacteristically quiet as I extracted myself from our mess of limbs, plopping right next to her so our hips still pressed together.

"Are you ready to go to sleep yet?" She asked quietly. I looked at her face, hardly visible in this darkness despite being inches away from mine. All her makeup was removed, and there was a sleepiness in her eyes that made her infinitely cuter than she normally was.

"No, we can just stay up and talk for a little bit." I responded under my breath, my eyes flickering down to her soft pink lips. They were slightly chapped, but still looked oh-so-kissable.

"Or... we could do something else?" She murmured, and when I looked back up to her eyes, her gaze was still fixated on my lips. I smiled softly, leaning on a bit closer and whispering in her ear.

"What do you have in mind?"

She pulled me back onto her lap so we faced each other, leaning in from beneath me. Our lips were centimeters apart, making my heart pound in my chest as I focused on the gorgeous girl in front of me.

"May I kiss you?" She breathed, fanning my face in her warm breath that smelled of grape flavored gum.

Without answering, I closed the distance between us, connecting our lips. One hand rested on her shoulder as the other moved to gently hold her face. Her hands were both on my hips, holding me onto her.

In this moment, I felt complete. It wasn't quite fireworks like the romance books describe, but more of just a feeling of warmth, and a deep connection and could practically feel in my bones. Two hearts, beating as one as our minds, bodies, and souls connected. We moved in sync, enjoying the feeling of tingles spreading through our veins.

I could vaguely register the sounds of clothing rusting, lips connecting over and over, too focused on the heavenly feeling to think straight.

The kiss felt too short yet like it lasted an eternity at the same time. It was amazing, romantic, and everything I could have possibly dreamed for.

We broke apart, lungs burning as we panted, looking at each other with goofy smiles.

"That was amazing." I breathed, breaking the peaceful silence.

"Yeah." She responded, pressing our foreheads together, drinking in the feeling of our closeness.

"Do you... like me? Or was that a heat of the moment thing?" I asked, watching her carefully as a pit of dread and anticipation formed like a rock, sitting heavy in my belly. Even in the low lighting, I could see how flushed her face was and her giddy, childlike grin that didn't manage to ease my nerves.

"I'm gonna be honest here. I really, really like you. I get if you don't feel the same-"

"Why would I kiss you if I didn't feel the same?" I interrupted.

"Wait, what?" She asked, eyes wide. Shock was written all over her face, so I pressed a soft, delicate kiss to her cheek.

"I like you too, Janis. I kissed you because I have feelings for you." I explained gently. Her face lit up and she crashed her lips against mine once again.

This kiss was very different from the first, but almost as good. Instead of slow and passionate, it was quick and loving.

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that." Janis whispered as we pulled away, earning a carefree bark of laughter from me.

"You have no idea how happy I am to say it." I giggled. I glanced over at Janis's alarm clock on the bedside table, displaying the time.

12:37am.

"We should go to sleep soon, your parents are probably sick of hearing us talking." I said. Janis nodded and I climbed off her, instead laying down next to her, still craving the feeling of her skin on mine.

It was awkward at first, just facing each other, so I deciding to turn around on the bed, facing out towards the wall and doorway.

I listened to the sound of Janis breathing, not slow and even enough to be asleep quite yet.?Eventually, when she thought I was asleep, her arms snaked around my waist, pulling me close. I cuddled into her instinctively, moving my hand to rest on top of hers.

"You're awake?" She whispered groggily. I nodded, rubbing her hand softly.

"Well then I have a question for you."

"I may have an answer." I whispered back, listening for whatever she had to ask me.

"(y/n) (l/n), will you be my girlfriend?"

I turned to face her, shocking the poor brunette. I smiled, pulling her in for a sleepy kiss, my arms looping around her neck.

"As a matter of fact, I will, Janis Sarkisian."

She breathed a sigh of relief and pulled me impossibly closer, falling asleep.

This was one perfect night.

(985 words)