Chapter Ten

Janis' POV

"My math teacher seriously sucks, it's like he actually wants me to fail!" (y/n) whined, taking a bite of the egg she brought for lunch. I didn't bother to question why she'd brought an egg, she was cute so it wasn't my business.

"Do you have Mr. Dixon?" Cady questioned gently. (y/n) nodded in response, groaning lowly at the thought.

"Oh god he SUCKS, I transferred from his class because he refuses to do his job and teach," I piped up, drawing her attention. She started up at me through her eyebrows and the rims of her glasses, hunched over the table, her under-eyes that were always darker than her skin being even MORE pronounced and noticeable.

"Thank god I'm not the only one who struggles with him. He just lectured and lectures and then gives a test! I've already had two tests this year and it's still September!" She groaned. I winced at the accuracy of her complaints. He never was a good teacher. I always had wanted him fired, and now I just hated him even more.

"I'll kick his ass if ya want," I shrugged, cracking my knuckles jokingly.

"Oh please, that'll get me an F for sure," she swatted my arm softly. I felt heat and little prickles of electricity flow from where she touched me, filling my body and making me curl my toes.

I looked at her fondly, which wouldn't help my case with our friends but I not a single shit right now. All I knew was that her eyes were (e/c) and pretty, and that her glasses were slipping slowly down the bridge of her nose.

She cleared her throat after realizing we were just staring at each other a couple seconds too long, and turned away to thank Cady for the help on her homework.

I turned to Damien and decided to chat about his dog because I seriously loved his dog.

"So, you got Erika those new treats you mentioned right?" I asked, grinning.

We were planning on teaching her how to twirl in the air like the graceful little shit she would become.

Oh my god, Damien's dog was gonna be better at ballet than me.

That wasn't exactly a feat but still.

"You bet! I got her 7 different flavors!" He gushed excitedly. I rolled my eyes jokingly at his enthusiasm, but in reality I lived for it. It was one of his many good qualities.

Don't tell him I said that.

"I can't wait to post her on YouTube and get super internet famous," I said with my sarcastic-as-ever tone.

"People will be begging us to put up merch for her," Damien added with jazz hands.

Why was it always jazz hands?

Seriously, why was it always jazz hands with this dude?

I rolled my eyes. I did that a lot.

"Okay first, we need to design a shirt of her mid-twirl," I said dryly. He nodded, saluting dutifully, which made me chuckle a bit at his stupidity. That was my best friend.

I was surrounded by my favorite idiots in the entire world. I was pretty lucky, now that I thought about it.

"And then we make bracelets, key chains, and toilet seat covers," He squealed.

"Why the toilet seat covers?" I asked, scrunching up my nose in confusion at the concept.

What a foolish question, but I knew the curiosity would eat away at my insides for the rest of my life if I didn't know.

"To appeal to the children, Janis. How will we make millions off Erika if we can't sell anything to the gullible little things?" He explained. "We can be the next Jojo Siwa!"

Needless to say, I was no less confused now than before I asked.

I sighed, resolving to just pretend I didn't care because I was nothing if not very confused.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Regina cut into our conversation.

"We're gonna teach his dog how to do some cool tricks after school. Damien wants to put it online so we can sell merch," I explained, roughening my exterior. Sure, Karen was a cinnamon roll and Gretchen was nice, but I still had no reason to trust or like Regina. What she did back in middle school still stung, and I figured it would forever.

"It was your idea to put it online," He corrected me. I slapped his arm in response.

"How rude to expose a lady, Dame." I said with a bad, fake British accent.

Why was I like this?

"That lady is less willing to wear a dress than me," he responded sassily.

"That's not a fair test, Dame! You're super down to wear a dress,"

"Yeah well... yeah!" He responded, waving his finger in my face. I, against any better judgement in my brain, licked it to get him to stop.

It tasted like peanut butter.

"Ew!" He whined, taking his hand away and cradling it against his chest.

"Then don't wave your finger in my bubble! You were asking for it!" I shot back.

"Who says bubble, are we actually in Kindergarten?" Nik interjected.

"If we are, we are kindergartners with dirty ass minds," Tyler added.

"Ha, dirty ass," I laughed with a lopsided grin.

"Good job proving his point," Regina sneered. I gave her the same stupid smile in response. Acting all casual and unbothered at her teasing always really pushed her buttons, and it was hilarious.

"Little did I know on that fateful day when I met those two, that I'd be joining a group of big babies," (y/n) joined in. I, somehow, had completely forgotten she was here. Now that I was reminded, I forgot to look at anyone else. My eyes were glued to her.

She looked pretty today, adorned in a dark purple Be More Chill t-shirt and light-wash jeans, a plain black jacket that looked warm wrapped around her waist. Her socks her a bright fuchsia, and she wore worn-down black low top converse.

Did I mention she was absolutely stunning in literally any outfit? Because my tired ass brain refused to stop repeating that over and over in my head.

(y/n)? Pretty as fucking bloody hell? It's more likely than you think.

(1053 words)