Catching up

Image: Your out of combat uniform that you chose to wear around the base. Not on the field. The hair can be any color you wish but it currently long and needs to be up most of the time.
~
"Now hold still."

You grit your teeth when you felt the needle enter your forearm. Your fist clenched the small ball Mercy had given you to hold while she drew your blood. You were getting tests done on you to make sure you were healthy enough for field work. If not, you'd be given a desk job closer to medical care if needed.

"I told you my blood is fine." You groaned through gritted teeth.

Mercy hummed at you, putting a small band-aid over the incision she made after removing the needle. "It is just a medical procedure, it is required of all Overwatch Agents. Even Genji has to get his blood checked every so often to make sure it's getting along with his artificial limbs."

You turned away from her, not having another thing to say on the matter. Your physical appearance was fine, no thanks to Talon. They barely let you eat and when you did it was a meal better fit for a dog. They claimed it was to keep you lighter on your toes but you knew that was bullshit. 

"You are free to go, I believe Genji was looking for you earlier. Something about catching up."

You hum, getting up from the examination table. As you left you fixed your uniform, making sure the sleeve shirt was laid out properly and your belt was secured. You removed your hoodie from your waist and placed it over your shoulders, the hood being pulled up over your head.

"Well aren't ya lookin' scary." McCree had stopped you and you weren't in the mood. "Mercy done pokin' at ya?"

You shrug, "Seems that way, I heard it's time for your physical."

"Yeah, it's that time of year. Ain't too bad."

"Better than what I went through." You mutter, pushing past him. "I'm going to find Genji."

"'e's outside last I saw. Sittin' on the gazebo."

"Of course he is."

You were still mad at him for leaving you in Japan. You havent had the chance to ask him and you planned on doing that today. You didnt have training due to your physical being done and the blood work on top of that. Doctors orders.

You found him where McCree said he was. Sitting quietly atop the gazebo. You stood under him, not saying a word, though you didn't have to. He could feel the rage in your aura from the moment you opened the door.

"You are troubled."

You scoffed at him, "No shit. Get your ass down here."

Genji's eyes open to meet yours, while the red would normally be intimidating, his soft eye structure made it less so. He rose from his seat, dropping down to the ground with barely a sound.

"I have angered you."

"You left me in Japan to fucking die!"

"That is not why I went missing. I don't think you realize this but I am not exactly the Genji you once knew."

"Yeah, you're right." You cross your arms, "That Genji would have come to say goodbye."

He closed his eyes, the soft structure gone when he opened them again. He was getting angry now, though he told himself not to. You didn't know, you were drawing conclusions. His organic hand balling up, but it relaxed almost as fast and it clenched up.

"I'm sorry, it's difficult to make it three miles away to say goodbye while choking on your own blood."

Suddenly you were at a lost of words, but that didn't mean you didn't want to speak. Questions flooded your head, wanting to ask them all at once. "Ge-"

"I'm sorry that I was able to say farewell as my corrupted. brain-washed brother shoved his blade into my stomach. I am so sorry that I could not bring my dismembered legs back to my body to go say goodbye to you. I-"

"Stop!" You didn't even realize you were crying until you finally spoke. "Stop talking. I don't want to hear anymore."

Genji felt a bit of remorse for making you cry, though he wasn't going to apologize for that. You had pushed him and assumed he didn't care enough about you. "I was dying, Y/N. The only reason I'm alive now is because of Angela. Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions."

You took a step back from him, your legs feeling weak. You felt sick, the thought of Genji bloodied and dismembered, at the hands of Hanzo? Hanzo of all people?! You couldn't believe it, but given Genji's current state, you had no other choice but to.

"I am sorry that you found out this way. I did not wish to cause you distress." Genji turned away from you. "I am still getting used to my body and I try to forget what had happened. I have forgiven Hanzo for what he's done, he was not given a choice. Though he is unaware that I survived. Perhaps he should have stayed to make sure he had finished the job. So reckless of him."

You swallowed hard, your hands playing with each other. "Do you think he'd finish the job if he saw you?"

Genji glanced back at you, his shoulders slouched. "Perhaps, though this time I am going to be harder to kill. I will not be the weak man he killed. I will fight back."

The thought of them fighting broke your heart. You grew up with them both and you would hate to see one, or both of them leave. "Please, don't kill your brother. I know he tried to kill you but, you said he wasn't given a choice. You have a choice, don't choose that."

Genji sighed, "The elders believed I was a hindrance to their criminal actions so had Hanzo prove himself by ending the live of those who stood in the way of the clan. I was one of them. They are unaware that I am alive and the moment my body is stable, I will make sure they are not."

You take a deep breath, "Even Hanzo?"

He was quiet, his shoulders flexing. "If he tries to stop me, I will not hesitate to do as he was told. Stop those who get in my way."

Genji went back inside, not wishing to speak anymore. You were still there shaking, your legs feeling like jello. The last time you saw them they were happy, as happy as they could be in their situation. When the omnics hit you assumed they were busy defending their home. You were unaware that Hanzo was indoctrinated into killing his own brother.

'I regret confronting him. Now I feel sick.'

That determined it, you needed to go back to Angela before the mental image of Genji dying plagued your mind again. 

'So much for talking.'