Sudden Surprise

You were excited. You couldn't sleep all day and, after a few energy drinks and a strong cup of coffee, you couldn't tell. You were going on your first mission after going out with the strike team. But this time, it's with your own team, with your own commander. Blackwatch.

"Calm down." Jesse wasn't liking your cheerful attitude at this house. "Yer only here because Moira opted out."

"She was coming regardless." Reyes smacked Jesse upside the head. "She is your superior, respect her."

You let out a chuckle, quite happy to see Jesse get told to shut up. He was still getting on your nerves and at this point, you will take anything bad that happens to him, so long as it's not death or physically hurting him. You just want him to hurt emotionally.

"Why are you so awake, Y/N?" Genji rubbed his eye with his fist. "I am not this awake and I barely need sleep."

You laugh nervously, "I uh, had three Refresco De Los Muertos' and a cup of Angela's coffee."

"Holy shit." Reyes laughs, "Your heart rate must be off the charts."

You shrug, "I feel fine."

"Still, take it easy," Genji says, placing his hand over your heart. "I don't want to worry about you."

"I'll be alright." you assure him, "But I will try to take it easy."

He hums, running his hand up to hold onto your cheek. "I trust you."

You smile, placing your hand over his. You would kiss him, but his mask is on and you are almost at your destination. It would be a hassle to have him remove it just to have a quick kiss. "Alright, enough of that you two." Reyes turned his attention to the monitor above you all. "We're landing. Remember the plan?"

"Yeah, yeah, Genji and I are playing lookout while miss priss over there gets to do all the fun stuff."

"Infiltrating a talon associates base is not 'fun stuff.'" You tell him, "You have to be quick and quiet. You can't be either of those things."

"And we're not sending the trained ninja 'cuz..."

"Do you want to be left alone with Y/N?" Reyes asks, "Because I can arrange-"

"No! Nevermind, this is good."

You chuckle, getting yourself suited up. You put your hair up in a tight bun. Your shirt tucked in to keep it from catching on something. Your skin tight pants tucked into your shoes. You put your earpiece into your ear and slide a small handgun into its hold on your side.

"Are you sure you can shoot a gun?" Jesse asks, twirling his own weapon between his fingers, "Don't see why ya need it with them powers of yers."

"The gloves are still a prototype." You cross your arms, "And yes, I can use a gun. I was the best shooter in Talon."

"That ain't sayin' much," Jesse mutters, earning a smack from Reyes again.

"You'll do great," Genji says, standing at the open doors of the aircraft. "I will be nearby."

"I believe you." you smile, going to the edge as well.

The aircraft was landing, sort of. It won't touch the ground but it's only a two-foot drop. You sit on the edge before dropping down, almost as silent as a trained ninja would. All of your old practice with Genji and Hanzo when you were younger is paying off.

"Remember, we're looking for a device. Within that device is a chip. Make sure it is undamaged."

"Understood." You duck down and start your walk towards the base, taking alleys along the way. Genji kept to the rooftops, due to his double jump and McCree? McCree was playing distraction. A lone Westerner on vacation. His flashy attire is more than enough to draw the attention of people, especially Talon.

"I am here." Genji's voice was low in your ear. Mostly because he was whispering and partly because you had the volume turned down so it didn't draw the attention of anyone. "The coast is clear Y/N. McCree is sweet talking the guards."

"Of course he is," you mutter quickly while you pick the lock. Thankfully this was a small base, no heavy security to hack through. "Entering now, East door."

"My eyes are at your location," Reyes says, dawning a long ranged sniper for this mission. He was trained in most firearms, though chooses his close ranged shotguns.

You slip past the door, your back pressed to the wall. You keep your breaths slow, listening for any footsteps or speaking. "What are we suppose to do with these files anyways?"

"Put them on the chip and have it sent out in the morning."

"But what use do these names have to Talon? Couldn't they get it themselves?"

There was a lout amount of movement, glass shattering, "We're getting paid for this information. It doesn't matter if they can get it or not. Now get out of my sight."

Some heavy steps, followed by grumbling fill the hall. The brute slamming the door as he leaves. "Can't fucking wait to get out of here..."

You slowly move over to the door, pressing your ear to it. The sound of typing was all you could hear. "What's your status Y/L/N?"

You pressed your finger to your ear, moving away from the door. "I found the chip location but there's someone in there."

"I can cause a ruckus outside if I need ta."

"No, I got it." Reyes says, "Get away from the door, Y/N."

You move back around the corner, keeping yourself flat against it. "What're you doin' boss?"

Moments later, the sound of glass shatters again. "Son of a- we got a sniper!" The sound of a door slamming shut echos the hall, followed by some quick running feet.

"Nice shot." You whisper, moving back towards the door. Glass was scattered everywhere, from the window and whatever was broken prior. "And an escape route."

"Do you see it?" Genji asks, "Do not get distracted Y/N. You could be in danger at any moment."

You move over to the desk, typing in some key words to try to find something, anything to do with Talon. Moments later, a single file shows up, showing that it's being found through an inserted chip.

"I found it." you go to the original file and eject the chip. "No device but I have the chip."

"Good enough." Reyes says, "Now get out of there before-"

"You!" You turn around to see two brutes with guns pointed at you. "What are you doing here?"

"Crap, Genji!"

"On it."

You swallow hard, slipping your hands behind your back to slip the chip into your pocket before they notice. "I'm just a little lost." you pout. "And then the glass shattering, I got curious."

The two look at each other, giving you a chance to look over at the window, seeing Genji drop down past it. "This area is authorized personnel only."

"Oh, I think I'm authorized."

"Say who?"

Seconds later the man who asked was on the ground, the other up against the wall with a shuriken to his face. "I do."

The guy against the wall seems frozen while the guy on the floor is trying to reach for his gun. You step over to him and dig your heel into his wrist. "Sorry." you kick the gun across the floor before pulling your own gun out, pointing it at him, "Authorized personnel only."

"Good going guys, not get out of there be-"

"Reyes? Where is Y/N?"

"Angela?" you ask, "What is it?"

"Are you in the middle of battle?"

You look down at the brute under you. "I wouldn't call it a battle... why?"

"You need to quickly, yet safely get out of wherever you are and get back to Reyes."

"Angela, what's with all of this?" Reyes asks, "I think she can handle herself."

"It's not her I am worried about."

"Then what are ya worried 'bout?" Jesse asks.

"The baby."