First Mission

Four of you sat in the air craft that was overlooking Numbani. Our mission was simple, make sure the payload was stopped. If it reached its destination, the entire inner city of Numbani would be blown to bits. And even worse, the Doomfist gauntlet would be exposed. It was up to yourself., Tracer, Ana and Jack to stop it while Reyes gave us status reports on the surrounding area.

"You sure you're okay, kid?" Reyes was talking to you now, wanting to give you more insight. "There's a strong chance Talon's going to be watching."

"Let them watch." You re-laced your boots to make sure you didn't trip on them. "I won't be easy to get a hold of."

"Don't worry, Gabriel." Ana walked over, placing a hand on your shoulder. "I will be watching her back."

"And who would be watching yours?" Reyes asked her.

Ana smiled, lightly patting his face, "You will be."

You stiff a laugh at Reyes' face. "I'll be fine." You spoke up, "I had a really good trainer."

Reyes gave you a small smile before going back to his post. The aircraft landed low to the ground, just low enough for you all to jump to the ground. "Alright, we stick in twos." Commander Morrison looked at his team. "Two of us head to the payload, the other two flank around to keep eyes out for attackers."

You all nod your head in acknowledgement, splitting off into your groups. Ana went with Tracer, since she would be faster to get around for a flank and you walked along side Jack, following his movements.

"How are you liking your first mission, Agent?"

"Exciting so far." You spoke low, hearing some unwanted footsteps. "I hear someone on our six but I don't see them. Could be above us or flanking around."

"Good ears." Jack's voice went low, his back pressing against a wall once you turn the corner. 

You kept your breaths steady, hearing more footsteps. The sounded like they were right above you. Once you hear them stop you hold your breath, Jack seeming to be listening as well.

"Eat coast clear. Returning to post." You recognized that voice anywhere and for the first time since McCree spoke to you.

You hear the footsteps move away and it takes every part of you to not hunt him down and end his life. "You know him." Jack didn't even question you. He could tell from your expression that you had some resentment. "Member of Talon."

"The guy responsible for my aggressive nature." You mutter, "The guy that trained me before Reyes."

"Easy." Jack raised his hand. "You'll get your chance at him. We need to catch up to Ana and Tracer."

You nodded your head, following Jack to the payload point. Your blood boiling and your body ready for a fight the minute you get the chance to. The moment some poor soul decides to aggressively show their face on that payload you are wasting no time putting them in an early grave.

"Ana, we're at the payload." Jack spoke into his ear piece. "What's your location?"

"Just west of you. Tracer caught sight of something and blinked off to investigate. She will be recalling shortly."

"Are you safe?" You find yourself asking.

"I'm in a corner and I have my sleep darts. I'll be okay sweetie." Ana always seemed sure of every situation. She never panicked or seemed troubled. She was always a joy to be around and you would hurt anyone that dare laid a finger on her.

There was slight scratching coming from your communications. "Tracer?" Jack sounded panicked.

"Comm...cation...can't...Tal...no recall."

 "Gabe get me a location on Lena. Now!" Jack yelled, causing you to take your ear piece out briefly to rub your ear.