Interrogation

"How many is that now?"

"Seven."

"And this is the first one you decided to keep alive?"

"...They attack me at night."

Hanzo was explaining to the Strike Commander about his assassin problem while you were just sitting there. Hanzo was suppose to explain the situation to Commander Reyes and Morrison but being second in command, you were allowed to be there too. 

"Whatever, we have one now and that's what matters." Jack looked through the one way glass. "Do you know what they want."

"Besides me dead? No." Hanzo finally decided to have a seat. "They are always watching, they probably work for Talon now, since I am no longer the leader. Perhaps they now see I am with Y/N and assume we are following out our fathers plans."

"Plans?" Reyes asks, looking at you.

"Yes sir, we were meant to wed in our youth." You proclaimed. "If it was not for the death of our fathers and the omnic crisis, we would most likely have. Or at the very least I would be wed to Genji."

"I see." Jack shifted through some papers, "Your offspring would in fact be powerful. Have either of you two considered-"

"Not my type."

"Do not wish to have children that can be used as leverage."

"Well, they decided quickly." Reyes says, "So much for making a super weapon."

You bite your lip, "Is that the only reason you ask?" 

"Well, no. It would be years before your offspring could even consider training. Overwatch only accepts members eighteen years and older, minus McCree but he's a special case."

"He's special all right." Reyes mutters.

"Anyways," jack cleared his throat, "It would be up to you both and you have both already made your decidion."

"If Genji is able to reproduce, perhaps ask him." Hanzo glanced at you. "Since I am no Y/N's type."

"Oh, don't be offended."

"I'm not."

"Genji expressed not staying with Overwatch after we stop your clan." Reyes spoke up, "The chances of him changing his mind are slim."

"Having a baby on the way would be one of those slim chances." Hanzo says, "Ah but don't listen to me, I am not a member. Now about my assassins."

"Athena's been programmed to better track heat." Jack says, watching the assassin struggle against his restraints. "I'm going to see if he'll talk."

"Good luck, they are trained to end their lives before speaking."

Jack hummed, going into the interrogation room. "I know what I said maybe have come off sounding bad." Reyes says, "But I assure you, we wouldn't push you to have a kid just because of the potential they would have."

"Oh I know." You say, standing up. "Because I wouldn't allow it. Now if you excuse me, I have training to do." 

You make your leave, trying to not let it get to you. You and Genji? Having a kid? Unheard of! He made his choice too and he doesn't wish to be here. Why would you try to keep him here where he was unhappy.

Even if you did want a baby someday, the Shimada's were not going to be the father for their own reasons and your own. It wouldn't make everyone happy in the end. You and Hanzo are both being hunted. Genji planned on leaving when his mission is complete. It's a bad time for kids.

"Good morning, Y/N" However no one said anything about dreaming about it. Especially when Genji still looks good after all this time. "How was the interrogation?"

"It, just happened." You say, trying to keep you tone professional. "Where is your face plate?"

"I just got finished washing up." He explains. "Angela helps me wash my hair and face."

"Right," The thought of her helping him with anything personal like that makes your stomach twist. You were trying to keep your old childish thoughts away and focus on being the adult you are now, but part of you wishes you could go back in time. "Well good to know you don't let that body of yours keep you from being clean."

"Yes well, I still have boy odor like everyone else." He smiles, "I must remain fresh, less not for the fact that you are here to kick my butt if I don't."

"You know me so well." You hum, "It's nice to know that you haven't forgotten."

"How could I forget you?" The sudden change in his tone set you off a bit. He seemed more flirty and you weren't sure if that was just your mind playing games with you. "You are a hard one to forgive, Y/N."

"SO I've been told." You say, "I really must get to my work out."

"By all means, do not allow me to stop you." He steps out of the way, "Perhaps I may join you."

"I'll allow it." You smile before going to the workout room. You can't let anyone's words get to you. Not Hanzo telling you about Genji's prolonged crush on you. Not Reyes talking about your offspring and not Genji's with his flirtatious tone. They can't be heard because if you start listening, God knows what you'll do.