Shopping

You were due in a couple of months and Jesse decided to take you shopping for the baby. Since you knew you were having a boy you wanted to get a few more things specific to him. Mostly letters that spell out his name that you can paint and hang up, as well as finally getting a crib for him, that Jesse offered to help you put together.

You weren't sure why he was being so nice to you. Maybe it's because you're still pissed at him for getting a limb chopped off. Or maybe it was him trying to make it up to you over the past few months of him being an idiot. Regardless you welcome the company.

Genji was going to come but he was so excited he couldn't standstill. Hanzo took this opportunity to have Genji help him train since he's already a hard target to hit as it is. "Thanks for coming with me so I didn't have to go alone."

"Not ah problem." Jesse hummed as he walked beside you on the way to the store. "Have ya' picked out a name fer the rascal yet?"

"Ryuji... it means dragon man."

"Fittin'." Jesse hummed as you walked. "Ain't never seen Genji so excited before. 'e was always so broody."

"Yeah, dying does that to you."

"So I've 'eard." Jesse sighed as he looks at his arm. He's gotten used to it, but it means more to him than just a second chance as having two arms.

"When are you going to tell me how you did that?"

Jesse flexed his metal fingers before shoving his hand into his coat pocket. "Figure now's a better time than any. Since I'd have to tell ya 'ventually."

You slowed your walk so you could hear the whole story. You've been wanting to know what he did to get this addition to his body for weeks and he's finally going to tell you. "What happened out there, Jesse?"

Jesse held a cigar in his mouth. He didn't light it out of respect for you, but it made him feel comfortable; A safety blanket so to speak. "We was scoutin' out an old Talon base. The place was full of militia supplies that was left fer an unknown reason. We was supposed to check it out, take what we could to study it 'n leave. In out, easy."

"Uh huh..?" 

"Wasn't easy. Talon placed it there for bait. We were overrun and, for the most part, we was able to fight our way out but..." Jesse pulled teh cigar from his lips so you could hear him clearly. "There were more than just their troopers 'n enforcers."

"...what else was there?"

"An assassin. She hunted us like animals. We didn't know she was there 'til."

"Until?"

"Til I saw the bitch goin' after Genji." You could feel your heart start to break. "With 'im being mostly cybernetics 'n the likes, she probably thought 'e was like 'er. So I pushed Genji out of the way, tried to flashbang 'er and, lost mah arm in the process."

You stopped walking, unable to control your emotions. You weren't one to cry, not anymore, but your hormones were high from the baby so you just started crying.

"Hurt like a bitch but, Reyes put a bullet in 'er for me." Jesse looked down at his metal arm again. "Ah couldn't let ya kid grow up fatherless like that. I couldn't risk 'er missin' 'im. So I had to make sure she hit me..."

You don't know what came over you, but you found yourself pulling Jesse into a tight hug. Your head hanging over his shoulder as you try to contain the tears that are forming in your eyes. "Thank you." You forced the words out past your sniffles and cries, trying your best to not sound like a dying animal. "For keeping him safe."

Jesse wrapped an arm around you, giving your back a slow rub. "Dun mention it." He pulled back from your embrace to give you a warm smile. "Let's go spoil yer son."

"Your nephew."

Jesse's eyes widened at the words, "Uh, ain't 'e Hanzo's nephew?"

"He can have more than one uncle. Besides, I'm an only child."

"If yer sure."

"I am."

"Then, lets go spoil mah nephew." Jesse smiled at you as he starts walking again. You wipe your face and follow him, trying to regain your emotions. You've never been so happy, especially if it involved Jesse.

"Yeah, let — ow." You felt something prick the back of your neck, like a bee sting.

"Somethin' wrong?"

Yeah it's just a..." You reach back around to feel where you were stung, only to feel something sharp and long. "A..." Your vision started to get blurry as you held onto the wall of a nearby building.

"{Y/N}?! {Y/N Can you he-} You can't hear Jesse anymore. All you hear is a loud thud, follow by your eyes closing and everything going dark.