SIX

Trinity sighed as she sat in the back seat of her Lyft ride. What was she thinking? Getting so close and falling asleep with Chris when he's obviously messing around with Sevyn. She knew being around him would eventually cause old feelings to swarm back. She knew just being in his presence would cause her brain to scatter.

It's like they're reliving their life back in New York.

It's deja vu.

It's her and Dominic and Chris and Lauren all over again.

She didn't have time and energy to play the games they played back when they were teens. She's tired of getting her feelings hurt and she's tired of acting like she doesn't care anymore. She's an emotional person and it takes a lot out of her to act as if nothing phases her.

Trinity ran her hands through her short hair and took her phone out, scrolling through her notifications. She had several notifications from Instagram and a text message from Trey.

- Good morning love I'm taking you out on a lunch date

I'll think about it

- It wasn't a question.

Trinity sighed laying her head back on the headrest, watching the huge houses quickly pass by.

Trey is a cool guy and everything, but he doesn't want anything serious. He made his intentions clear from the very beginning, but Trinity shrugged it off. At that time she didn't want anything serious either. She was numb and heartbroken about her relationship with Chris and her friendship with China and Michael, so when she met Trey, she was all for the friends with benefits thing with him.

Trey is a charming guy and definitely knows how to please a lady. She slowly started to catch feelings for him like a bad cold. He made her feel good and knew all the right things to say to her.

About 30 minutes later, Trinity arrived at Kyra's house. She thanked the Lyft driver and exited out of the car, making her way to the front door.

"Kyra, I'm home!" Trinity announced as she unlocked and walked through the front door.

Kyra made her way down the stairs and into the foyer, "Hey, girl."

The two hugged and made a beeline straight to the living room.

"How was your night?" Trinity smirked setting her bag on the coffee table.

Kyra laughed knowing Trinity was fishing for the details about her going home with Kid Ink. It was spontaneous, unexpected, and happened so fast.

"We're going out tonight for drinks," Kyra blushed. "Brian is so cute, sweet, and gentle. But the dick, sis? That shit was bomb!"

Trinity laughed at her silly friend's excitement, " I believe you, you're glowing sis."

"Girl, stop!" Kyra blushed slapping Trinity's thigh. "Anyways, miss Trin."

Trinity knew when Kyra calls her Miss Trin she's done something wrong.

Trinity groaned throwing her head back, "What I do now?"

"Amber texted me saying she saw you and Chris Brown laid up on the couch and he was shirtless. She also told me she saw the two of you alone in his studio while everyone was downstairs, care to explain?"

Trinity shrugged, "I don't see what's there to explain. Seems like Amber got every bit of detail down pack."

"Trinity."