TWELVE

"So, when are you coming back home, Stink?" Tristian asked sitting back in his seat. 

Trinity and her father decided to get brunch at a restaurant near his hotel. They sat outside and ate their food enjoying the warm summer breeze under a large umbrella.

"I don't know daddy, I'm kind of enjoying staying out here with Kyra and rekindling with my friends. I think I just might move out here," Trinity responded shrugging her shoulders. 

"What, you're too old to live with your old man now?" Tristian joked, taking a bite of his french toast watching his only daughter grow up before his eyes.

"Actually," She paused to drink her orange juice, "Yes, I'm twenty-three." 

"So what now, are you gonna stick my old ass in a nursing home?" 

Trinity choked, almost spitting out her drink. She laughed and reached for a cloth to dry her mouth and cleaned up the little orange juice that managed to escape her mouth. 

"Daddy, stop it." She chuckled shaking her head, "You know I would never stick you in a nursing home, old man." She teased.

"I'm worried about you, Trin." He sighed, sitting back in his seat. "When Curtis called me—"

"Chris," Trinity corrected.

Tristian nodded and continued, "When Chris," He emphasized, "called me and told me you were having an episode I got scared. Me being so far away from you didn't sit right with me, I had to catch the next flight out here."

"Daddy, don't worry about me. I take my pills every day, Kyra literally reminds me all the time to the point where I have no excuse to forget. There must be a misunderstanding and I'm going to get it cleared up when I go back to the doctor." She reassured.

"I trust you, Trin. You've always been responsible and always was able to take care of yourself, even when you were younger. You've been independent since I could remember, but that doesn't mean you can't call me up if you need anything, okay?"

It was true. Trinity has been staying home by herself since she was eight years old. Tristan getting stuck at the office most nights and her mother doing what she does best which is to disappear, has forced Trinity to grow up and take care of herself at an early age.

She nodded, "Okay, daddy." 

"I mean it, Trinity. It won't kill you to ask someone for help once in a while." 

Trinity reached over the small table grabbing her father's hand giving him a small smile, "I love you."

"I love you too, Stink." 

'''

"China, Michael, Amber, and Chris are all at mic check right now and you're about to get fitted for your dress and we know that's going to take all day. What am I supposed to do with myself?" Trinity huffed sprawling out on the bed. 

The red carpet event is getting closer and closer so Kyra has been busy this whole week. They live in the same house but Trinity feels as if they never get to hang out anymore, especially since Trinity won't be helping to style her for the event.

Kyra chuckled slipping into a pair of light washed high waisted Levi's jeans, "How about you get back in the lab and find some creative inspiration."

Kyra handed Trinity her Babyliss flat iron and sat in her vanity chair, "Don't let what happened to you last night ruin everything." She turned around to face Trinity, "You had one bad episode which caused you to miss one opportunity. There are many more opportunities in store for you, Trin. You just have to find one and run with it."