Chapter Three - Doctor Who

The Doctor squinted at the man who had just appeared on his on his beloved TARDIS uninvited and was now saying that the Doctor was false in his immense knowledge of the weeping angels? Rubbish.

What did he even mean? 'The weeping angels are real, cursed angels.' There's no such thing as angels.

"What does that mean? There is no such thing as real angels." The Doctor said, letting his thoughts loose.

The man in the trench coat turned his attention to the Doctor. He tilted his head ever-so-slightly to the side and said, "You have no faith. If you did, I believe you would see for your own eyes that angels are very real."

Rose laughed a little. "Are you saying that you're an angel?"

Sam cleared his throat. "He is an angel." He stood up. "We haven't properly introduced ourselves to each other, have we, Doctor?"

The Doctor nodded. "You explain first."

Sam took a deep breath. "My name is Sam Winchester, my brother Dean and I are hunters." He paused. "We hunt paranormal things, ghosts, demons, vampires, werewolves. All of it."

The Doctor laughed and looked over to Rose. Rose gave him a little shrug saying that she believed them. "You hunt and kill supernatural things? Really?" The Doctor laughed again. "Sounds depressing." He coughed.

He didn't quite believe Sam. But for now, the Doctor would just play along.

The other man in the trench coat spoke up. "You doubt the reality of this evil. But I assure you, they are all real, Doctor." He said, as if he could read the Doctor's mind. "But there is also good. Such as angels, Heaven and..." He sighed sadly. "..there was God."

"What are you then? Are you an angel?" The Doctor asked, beginning to walk around the console and flip some levers.

"I am Castiel, angel of the Lord." He said.

Sam cleared his throat. "Cas, something happened to Dean. One of those stone angels, it touched him and sent him somewhere. Can you locate him?"

Castiel nodded and closed his eyes. "I know exactly where he is." Cas walked over to the TARDIS console and placed his hand on the glass cylinder, muttering some things.

Rose pushed her hair back. "Er--how do you know where he is?"

Cas looked at her. "It's complicated."

The Doctor jumped up. "Anyways, what are you doing to my TARDIS?" He asked, feeling a bit defensive. "Speaking to her? I'm sure that's what you're doing with your angel powers." The Doctor chuckled.

Castiel removed his hand from the TARDIS. "We've arrived."

"Wait a minute, it didn't make that sound. You know, that annoying whooshing sound." Rose stated.

"It's not supposed to make that sound. He leaves the breaks on." Castiel retorted, turning and walking out the blue doors.

***

Rose followed the angel, Castiel out of the TARDIS. She was followed by the Doctor and Sam.

They all stepped out on a busy Victorian street. It looked like Victorian London. It made Rose think of her fantastic adventure with the Doctor in a time similar to this. The gas creatures, Charles Dickens. Hopefully no danger would be here, but isn't there always?

Rose smiled as she trailed behind the men, staring into the old shop windows at the hoops skirts and bonnets and beautiful lace and fabrics.

She soon noticed that she was falling behind and ran to catch up to the Doctor and the others.

They had stopped on the sidewalk. "He should be right here." Castiel said, extremely confused. "What year is it?" He picked a newspaper out of one of the bins.

Castiel shoved in the Doctor's face. "Your machine was testing my patience before, she wouldn't listen! Now she's taken us here, a year late." He huffed. "Dean has been here alone, for a year, he probably has given up any hope that we're coming to rescue him."

The Doctor threw down the newspaper. "My TARDIS always takes us exactly where we need to go! It was obviously your faulty skills in driving her!"

Rose stepped in between them before the two trench-coated men tackled each other. "Doctor! Castiel! Stop it!" Sam gaped at her. Rose turned to look at both of them. "Time is still ticking, now maybe if you stop shoutin' at each other, Dean won't have to be here for much longer!"

The Doctor looked at his feet and Castiel just stared into the distance.

"Rose is right. Cas, can you pinpoint Dean's exact location?" Sam asked the angel.

Castiel nodded and placed a hand on Sam and Rose's shoulders. He motioned for Rose to do the same for the Doctor.

Rose grabbed her Doctor's hand and grinned at him. He grinned a surprised smile back at her.

With a flapping sound and a flash of light, they had landed outside a Victorian two-story apartment. A light was on in the upstairs, a silhouette of a tall man with curly hair playing a violin could be seen.

Castiel pointed to the building. "It's warded against angels. I can't go inside."

"Do you think Dean warded it because of the weeping angels?" Sam asked.

"Most likely. Even though they're cursed and hardly act like angels anymore, they still have their grace and angel in their genetics." Cas explained.

Rose went up to the door and rang the bell. The Doctor and Sam stood behind her. Castiel had disappeared.

After one more ring, the door opened and Dean stood before them. He wore a brown suit and a darker brown coat, with a pocketwatch and bow tie as well. His hair was combed bak and in his hand was a classy top hat.

"Where the hell have you been?" Dean asked, giving the three of them (mostly Sam) cold stares.

Dean turned on his heel before anyone could stop him and marched upstairs. He left the door open, indicating that they should follow.

Rose, the Doctor and Sam cautiously followed Dean upstairs. A lovely violin tune just kept getting louder as they neared the door to the flat.

Dean pushed the door open and marched in, taking a seat on an armchair by the crackling fire, his back facing Sam, Rose and the Doctor.

The violin's musician stood by the window. He set down his instrument and turned to stare at the group. He had blue eyes and a pale complexion, along with black curly hair. He wore a red robe, black trousers and slippers.

Rose thought he looked familiar.

The man spoke; "Doctor." He nodded to the Time Lord.

The Doctor nodded back, looking a bit sad. "Sherlock."

Rose gasped. "Sherlock Holmes? He's that genius detective in London, right?" She paused. "But that doesn't make sense, how is he here?"

Sam's brow furrowed. "No, I remember reading 'A Study in Scarlett' when I was a kid. They made us read it for school."

There was a pause; Rose and Sam were trying to wrap their heads around what was happening. The Doctor and Sherlock obviously had a mutual understanding.

Dean spoke up, he was still sitting by the fire in his armchair. "Time travel's weird. No one remembers the modern Sherlock Holmes. Only the books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle." Dean chuckled.

Rose began to remember reading the entire Sherlock Holmes collection when she was 13. But then she also remembered Sherlock in the future, how did that work?

The Doctor stepped in front of Rose to speak to Sherlock. "We can get you back, time will fix itself."

Sherlock huffed, looking out the window. "My only friend in modern times probably won't even remember me."

Everyone looked at each other, confused.

Sherlock faced them. His blue eyes boring into their souls. "John Watson will not remember me."