Chapter Twelve - Supernatural

A/N: This chapter will be a little short.

***

Cas' vessel felt tense, it was shaking slightly and sweat gathered along his hairline. Stress and worry did not affect humans very positively.

Cas kept his eyes fixed on Metatron. All the angels had thought he was dead. That seemed to be a pattern with all the villains on the rooftop. The Master was assumed destroyed, Moriarty was assumed dead because he had shot himself and Metatron had disappeared so Heaven declared him deceased.

Where had Metatron been hiding all this time? And why was he in league with these horrible humans?

Cas snapped back to reality when he realized that Crowley was speaking.

"Hmm, Otter, what do you think is a fair trade for those souls?" Crowley asked Sherlock.

Sherlock narrowed his eyes. "You stole them, we did not give them to you like Christmas presents. I don't believe we need to give you anything."

A twisted smile spread across Metatron's face. "I think you do."

"We only want one thing." Crowley explained. "We'll take it by force if we need to."

"We know what you want, Crowley. You wish to get into heaven and rule it with your band of exiled angels." Castiel paused. "But the angels are psychically incapable of entering heaven due to the curse. In order for you to lift the curse, you need the items for the spell; time energy and a Time Lord consciousness."

Cas tilted his head. "But you and the angel, Lailah, lied to us when were had her captured. You need another ingredient, two pure human souls. You wouldn't tell us that of course because then we would've been expecting something."

Crowley chuckled. "That's what you get working with a demon."

"The point is, once we're done with the souls, they'll remain intact, I promise." Metatron said. "Once we've enacted the spell, you'll get them back."

"You're lying!" John spat.

"We lie for a living." The Master said. "You will not get the souls back, nor will you receive the Time Lord consciousness again."

As the Master said that, Crowley snapped his fingers and handcuffs appeared on the Doctor's wrists.

"We will get Dean and Rose's souls back and you can't have the Doctor!" Sam shouted.

Dr. Watson aimed his pistol at Crowley. "Give us the box, the Doctor and the souls back!"

"For God's sake John! Bullets won't kill demons, angels or Time Lords, put it down!" The Doctor shouted at John.

John pointed his gun at Moriarty. "It can kill humans!"

"Don't worry, Johnny, I'll always find a way to stay alive." Moriarty sneered.

"Everyone be quiet!" Cas shouted angrily.

Silence fell immediately. The Doctor, Sam and John stared confusedly at him. Sherlock held his nose in the air. He knew exactly what Cas was going to say.

"There is no way you'll get into heaven without a fight." Castiel looked the Master in the eyes. "Even if your spell succeeds and you bring your army into heaven," Cas stared at Metatron. "The other angels; Anna, Uriel, Gabriel, Hannah, Raphael, no matter where they stand, they will not let evil like you into their home." Castiel stared at Moriarty. "You may be able to take some of us down with you, but in the end, you will die. No returning from that."

No one spoke.

For a mere moment Cas seemed to think that his speech had struck fear into his enemies.
Then he heard laughter.
Crowley chuckled. The Master laughed heartily. Moriarty giggled. And Metatron howled with laughter.

"You really think that'll stop us?!" Metatron laughed, tears coming from his eyes.

"No, I-" Cas got cut off.

"You'll be seeing more of us soon." Moriarty grinned.

Metatron snapped his fingers and they all disappeared, including the Doctor and the TARDIS.

"NO!" Sam screamed into the air. He angrily kicked at the ground.

Cas looked down sorrowfully. Three members has now been taken from them. One of them was very close to Cas, Dean. Castiel breathed in. He would get Dean back, no matter what the cost.