Buckle Up

Alex’s POV:

            ‘Just wanted to let you know that Cam and I got an A- on our Bio Project. Thank you so much Case! We really appreciate everythin’. –A’

            I felt so bad because every time Cam and I are partners, it always seems like Case is savin’ us.

            ‘No problem girl! Just helpin’ y’all out. –C’

            Moments later, Cam came waltzin’ in the door with Backwoods blarin’ from her iPhone.

            ‘Out in the backwoods, down in the holler. Out in the backwoods, workin’ hard wood dollar. In the backwoods, getting’ done right. Work hard, play hard, hold my baby tight. Lawdy have mercy it’s a really good life in the backwoods.’

            I just had to laugh as she danced over to the chair and plopped down.

            “So I just heard that Matt is throwing Case a party this Saturday. He wants it to be a surprise and wants us to make a play list.”

            “Alright! We got this but a surprise? Shit! It’s like he is sayin’ for us to not talk to her at all.”

            “I know girl but we can do this. She only turns nineteen once and we forgot about her eighteenth because of the death of Jake. We need to make this big.”

            Cam was right. We needed to do somethin’ huge for her nineteenth. We started workin’ on the play list when Matt text me.

            ‘Remember, nothin’ is to be said about the party. NO FACEBOOK! NO TWITTER! NO TUMBLR! And make sure all her favorites are on that playlist! –M’

            Cam just rolled her eyes and went through the music once again. “I think we’ve got it all.” Cam smiled and started playin’ Love Makes Me.

Matt’s POV:

            I wanted to surprise Case with all of her friends and family bein’ at her party so I started clearin’ out the barn and got the tables ready. I wanted to make her happy and let her enjoy herself.

            ‘Dude! Case is headed over! –J’

            God dammit! She always knew when to come over at the wrong times.

Kelsey’s POV:

            “So you’re telling me that Matt is having a party for Casey and won’t let anyone help?”

            “No and you can’t say a word to her.” Jason glared at me knowing that I would spill.

            “I just think it’s weird that y’all didn’t throw her an eighteenth but you’re doing her nineteenth.”

            “Because we had a death in the family.”

            “Still, it would have cheered her up.”

            “No because she stayed in her room for two weeks. She only opened the door for Matt and me.”

            “Still doesn’t make sense.”

            Jason then walked out of the room because he was getting aggravated. He is only fourteen and he towers over me but he thinks he is the boss of me. I don’t care. I’m older and I will do what I please.

Casey’s POV:

            I arrived at Matt’s parents’ house but his truck wasn’t there so I walked inside.

            “Momma Wilton! Papa Wilton! Y’all home!”

            “In the kitchen dear!”

            I walked towards the kitchen as Momma Wilton was fixin’ dinner.

            “Ah just in time for dinner sweetheart.” Papa Wilton came and gave me a hug.

            “Y’all always know I come for dinner.”

            “Except when Matt goes to y’alls house on the weekends.”

            “True.”

            Matt walked throught the kitchen door as I sat down at the table. My feet were killin’ me and I had so much back pain. It’s only been three months and I already wanted my baby girl or boy to be here.

            “Boy! Your girl got here before you.” Papa Wilton joked around.

            “Yeah but I was finishin’ up the field.”

            He gave me a hug and a quick kiss. We ate dinner and I helped Momma Wilton clean up as the boys went and watch their usual Ax Men. Tonight I was stayin’ here because for some reason Kelsey and J kept fightin’ and wouldn’t shut up. I went and got ready for bed and laid down next to Matt.

            “You seem tense baby girl.”

            “I can’t believe you’re not.”

            “Why? What’s wrong?”

            “Tomorrow is one year! Your brother has been gone for a year!” I started cryin’ just thinkin’ about Jake.

            “I know baby girl. I will take you to see him and then we will lay in bed and watch movies for the rest of the day.”

            I layed into his chest and finally dozed off to the beatin’ of his heart.

Matt’s POV:

            ‘Y’all! Case is upset! Tomorrow be at Jake’s site by ten! I want to show her that we are still here for him! –M’

            I text Nathan, Cam, A, Kevin, Steven, and even Jason. Everyone said that they would be there to support Casey. I finally started to fall asleep when Case kept tossin’ and turnin’ in her sleep. She was havin’ a bad dream and all I could do was hold her tight. Soon she started to calm down and I fell asleep with Case’s head on my chest and she was bundled up in my sweatshirt.