Best Friends For nEVER

Meet Michelle Nichols

"Is Janelle coming to the party?" Trisha asked. "hell no, I don't like her why would she come?" I replied. Janelle was once my best friend. Janelle & I have been friends since birth. She was supposed to be the maid of honor in my wedding. We were supposed to be in the nursing home together. All of that changed our freshman year of high school. Of course high school is a time for change but I never expected that high school would bring out this conniving, lying, deceitful, dishonest & scheming side of my sweet, thoughtful, peaceful & charismatic best friend. How could I know someone for so long & not really know them? I can't even look at Janelle without wanting to strangle her now.

Janelle & I have been through so much together. When Janelle's parents were struggling financially, my mother helped them out by taking Janelle in for a few months. When she was hungry, I went out of my way to make sure she had food. I never criticized her for anything. Even in middle school she was "hot in the ass," she would take my boyfriends & make them her own. I never held that against her. What she did to me this time was the unthinkable though. I never seen anything like this coming. How could she? I could kill Janelle if I didn't have a heart. She destroyed a family bond. I should have known not to bring a hoe around the people I love most but I looked at Janelle as family. I valued our friendship. When Janelle was at her lowest point I made it my job to make sure she felt loved by someone. Janelle & I even have matching tattoos that say "best friends for ever" in Chinese letters. I wish I could put an N in front of ever. It's mind boggling how heartless someone could be.

Janelle came over to my house one day during the summer like usual. I wasn't home, I was at cheer leading practice. Janelle went into my brother Lonnie's room & they were talking & she tried to seduce Lonnie. Lonnnie pushed her away because he had a girlfriend. Janelle got mad & she came & told me that Lonnie tried to rape her. As soon as I heard this I attacked Lonnie without any knowledge of the situation at hand. That's how much I loved & trusted this girl. I would believe her over my own blood. Lonnie kept saying he didn't do it. I was almost certain that he did. I apologized to Janelle & I never talked to my brother again despite the fact that we lived under the same roof. Janelle & I promised not to speak on this situation, ever. But, when we got to school everyone was messing with my brother & calling him a rapist. Janelle told everyone at Dixie Springs High School. I couldn't believe that she did that. I still then, after that betrayal stood by her side. Lonnie dropped out of school & now he sells drugs. Months later, Janelle nonchalantly told me that the whole rape story was a lie. Everything in me was telling me to beat her ass but i just stared at her in disgust.

I once had a beautiful bond with my brother & all because of her that bond was lost. I'm sure it could never be regained. It's funny how when you give someone your all they betray you. Janelle bit the hand that literally fed her. She is a compulsive liar & an attention seeking whore. She never valued our friendship because if she did this would not have happened. What hurts me the most is that she has no remorse for her actions. She apologized but I knew that it wasn't sincere so I walked away. Everyone blames me for our friendship being flushed down the toilet but people need to stop speaking on things they have no knowledge about, stop taking sides. I learned my lesson with that. I have no desire to see this girl let alone speak to her. Fuck you Janelle Denae Morris.

With Love