The One Where You And Peter Take A Break (Part Three) | Peter Parker [TH]

A few of you read on my profile today that my great grandmother passed away. It was unexpected. She suffered from Alzheimer's and had a lot of health issues, but we all assumed she had more time with us. None of us were prepared for it. Please pray for my family. We've all suffered far too many losses and heard far too much bad news in such a short time. Thank you.

I want to get this and maybe something else out in the next two days because Friday I have family coming in and then I will be traveling out of state with them for the visitations and funeral on Saturday. 

I hope you all can understand <3 And to those of you that are writing me/have written me imagines today, I will get to them, I promise. I will be reading them tonight. Thank you for all you guys do for me. You have no idea how much it means.

///

The next morning, you woke up and went home. Peter still wasn't back, but after calling him (on Flash's phone) thirty times, you'd given up on waiting. You'd decided that more likely than not, he was sleeping over at Flash or Ned's, hung over. You tried to reassure yourself that he was okay.

The first thing you did when you got home was jump in the shower. MJ was still sleeping, so you took this as as an opportunity to use up as much of the hot water as you could. The muscles in your back were so tight after a night of tossing and turning on Peter's old sofa, rolls of anxiety coming off of you continuously... 

You shivered under the spray, lathering your hair in strawberry shampoo. 

Afterwards, you wrapped your hair up in a fluffy pink towel and walked into the kitchen. MJ was up, wearing a baggy sweatshirt and a pair of shorts. She grinned at you as she put some fruit in the blender. 

"Good morning!" she half sang. "How was the big anniversary date?" 

"Well," you said, shuffling across the floor, "we kind of... just broke up instead."

She turned the blender on without putting the top on it first. "You what?"

"Oh my gosh, MJ!" you cried. "It's on the ceiling!"

"It's okay," she said, flinging chunks of mango off her hands. "This is more important than fruit. On my ceiling... ugh!" She looked at you. "You broke up?" 

"Yeah, but it's okay," you told her, pouring yourself some juice. "Because when Peter left, Harry came over, a-"

"Oh, no - ___, you and Harry?"

"No, nothing happened!" you said. "Harry and I talked. And I realized how much I love that stupid nerdy spider-boy and how bad I want to be with him. And yeah, we've got our problems, but I really want to make it work."

//

Peter opened his heavy, heavy eyes.

He groaned. There was light pouring in through the blinds that absolutely made his head scream inside. He buried his head under the blanket he was under, only to realize it wasn't a blanket at all, but someone's jacket. 

He sat up and looked around. He recognized it at once; it was Flash's apartment. He was crashed on the floor. On the armchair was Ned, and on the couch was Gwen-

Gwen!

Peter hurriedly got to his feet. He started to breathe heavy as he moved his hair back. He could still feel her kisses on his lips. 

They'd kissed, and he didn't stop it... he hadn't wanted to stop it... 

"No," he mumbled. He looked around for his shoes. He found them thrown lazily by the front door. As he started to shove his feet inside of them, Flash's phone rang, loud and painful.