Morning Light | Older!Peter Parker [TH]

Short & fluffy. I will return tomorrow to write some angst or a longer story.

As always, this is for my best friend Melonhead15 <3 she didn't request it or anything, I just wanted to give it to her. 

///

Your bones cracked as you raised your arms up over your head and stretched. You wanted to sleep more, but there was too much light pouring in through the window. Slightly annoyed, you gave up the idea of sleeping in as much as you wanted. 

"Good morning."

You turned your head, seeing your husband curled up on his side, facing you. All at once, the annoyance you were feeling slipped away as you gazed into the deep brown eyes of the man you loved more than anyone. 

"Good morning," you said. You lightly flicked a curl that was on his head. "Your hair is a mess right now."

He laughed softly. "Wow. Aren't you nice."

"I am, aren't I?" you teased. "I am just the absolute nicest." You sat up and stretched again. Turning away from Peter, you put your feet on the floor, searching for your slippers. You put them on and then started to get up. 

"Jeez, I am so tired. Are you tired?" you asked. "It's like I didn't sleep at all. Weird."

"Yeah..." he said, but he wasn't really listening. 

You didn't know it, but Peter was watching every movement that you made. As you reached behind to untangle your hair from the loose bun you had your hair in as you slept, he smiled happily. 

"You know what you should do?" he asked. 

"What's that?" you asked, putting the hair tie on the night stand.

"You should marry me," he said.

You froze. Then, confused, you furrowed your eyebrows together. "Peter? Sweetie, did you forget? We're already married," you told him. 

"Oh, right, duh," he said, flashing a grin. 

You turned and shook your head at him. "You're such a dork, Peter. We've been married for five years."

"Guess it seemed too good to be true," he said.

Your cheeks warmed up. After five years of being married, he still made you feel this way. 

You sighed. "And we have two kids together, Peter." 

"Oh right, right... we do have two kids together, don't we?" 

"Yes, and you have to pick them up from their friend's house in... twenty minutes." You held up a finger in warning. "Don't you dare forget them." 

"Are you serious? How on Earth could I forget my own kids?" he kept teasing. He sat up and wrapped his arms around you. Giggling, you fell back against him, and back on the bed. 

"What is with you today?" you asked. 

"I just love you," he said. "That's all." 

You hummed and turned, facing him now. You started to brush your fingertips across his cheeks and up into his hair. "That's all, huh?"

He stared into your eyes. "Yup. That's all." 

"I love you so, so much, baby," you whispered, and you kissed him softly.

For the rest of the morning (more accurately, for the next twenty minutes) you and Peter stayed in bed, arms wrapped around one another, your head on his chest, basking in the warm, yellow sunshine coming from the window. 

You would never know how you always managed to forget how much you loved mornings.