2. Propose Day

Adya hummed to herself as she settled the popcorn, pepsi, pizza and pepper on the table. She made herself comfortable on the couch of her living room and pressed the play button. Nothing like good movie. Dates may become boring, boyfriends may become unbearable, and husbands are anyway out of league so a good movie and food it was. 

The Vow. 

That was the movie Adya was watching. Aren't there times when all of a sudden you discover you love something that you had not a good opinion of in the past, something similar was the case for Adya and English RomComs. She somehow was not very much in favor of English romantic movies. She was so so wrong. However, now everyday at nine Adya treated herself with a movie. Given that her sister, Siya wasn't in town, it gave her full rights on the remote. For an odd reason, Siya only loved reality shows. While Adya was a movie person. Despite legally being counted as adults of more than the age of twenty one, they still fought, especially over the controlling rights on the remote.

Adya grinned as the couple in the movie shared an eye lock. The accident scene had made her jump out of her seat almost, luckily enough both survived. But the wife had lost five years of memory, partial amnesia. Oh, she hoped for a happy end. The popcorn forgotten, Adya feasted on the pizza. The guy was so tall and cute.

But on a side note, she felt these movie makers should be sued for showing men as caring, cute and doting husbands. Bullshit! Hers didn't even let her use the washroom first, when they were married. Obnoxious man. 

The way the guy in the movie, whose wife had lost her memory, cared for the her, made Adya drool over their bond. Such couple goals.

"What!" She gasped as the guy in the movie walked into the washroom to witness his naked wife. "That's embarrassing." She remarked remembering a similar scene from her own life. Dhruv had once walked into the washroom but luckily enough she wasn't stark naked. It wasn't her fault; he was supposed to be at work at that time not barging into the washroom. In her defense, she had forgotten to latch the door not that she was afraid she would be locked into the space when she was home alone.

Her thoughts went to their meeting today. She smiled. She pressed the pause button and walked over to the kitchen to heat the remaining pizza. While the microwave was at work, she decided to quickly empty the covers. She was very lazy at this. She started stacking up the packets of pulses, spices,biscuits so on and so forth, continuously telling herself it would be over in a jiffy. She almost finished most of it when she stopped frowning. What the hell was that?

She brought out the suspicious box and dropped it shocked. 

* * *

Dhruv leaned back on the recliner as he sat chit chatting with his cousin Yug. "I am so glad I made it in time."

"Yup. Rudra needs to be whacked when he gets back!" Yug added giving his painting the final touches. 

"Can't believe he could do something as stupid as this. If he promised Priyanka he'd get her the things he should have. Can't believe he got himself into a date. " Dhruv spoke leaning back, smiling to himself.